Skype problem

No profanity, moderate condescension. Maybe i will not kill this nym immediately. Then again, maybe i will kill it just after this post.

Reply to
JosephKK

message

had

It could be an insult to the vehicle, but if you do a thorough job towing the hook an whatever for a thousand miles or any evidence left is mighty hard to find.

--=20 Transmitted with recycled bits. Damnly my frank, I don't give a dear

----------

Reply to
JosephKK

I use a universal nym filter ;-)

The latest versions of Skype insert "requests" straight into your contacts list... not that NymNoNuts would know.

So I just go "off-line" until I get an E-mail request from a known entity.

...Jim Thompson

Turns out I'm not the only one complaining. A chip design client pointed me to a Skype conference, suggesting go back to v3.8

...Jim Thompson

If Bush was a MORON, what does that make Obama... an IMBECILE ?:-)

border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!nx02.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!69.16.185.16.MISMATCH!npeer02.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!post01.iad.highwinds-media.com!newsfe22.iad.POSTED!7564ea0f!not-for-mail

v4.0 has been a negative improvement to Skype, especially the separate call progress window which pops up during a call. v3.8 was adequate for most users. There is a web page where you can still download the older version. However, be sure to uncheck the box in Options to install new versions or you'll be back to v4.0 shortly. I had the install new versions turned off and it still eventually installed 4.0. Skype is a very pushy outfit.

Ken Fowler, KO6NO

Reply to
Ken Fowler

border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!nx02.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!69.16.185.16.MISMATCH!npeer02.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!post01.iad.highwinds-media.com!newsfe22.iad.POSTED!7564ea0f!not-for-mail

All the more reason to dump the undeserving twits.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!nx02.iad01.newshosting.co= m!newshosting.com!69.16.185.16.MISMATCH!npeer02.iad.highwinds-media.com!n= ews.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!post01.iad.highwinds-= media.com!newsfe22.iad.POSTED!7564ea0f!not-for-mail

17:29:50

sci.electronics.design:1022550

had

your

nym

call

version.

or

off

At a moments' reflection it is beginning to sound like spammers "(mass marketers)" are flapping a bunch of green at them.

Reply to
JosephKK