Re: Using RSSI to locate an object

"Josh916" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

I would like to use RSSI to locate an object in a 3D space. The space > will be a square box with transmitters located on the 4 corners. An > object will be place at certain positions within the box and I want to > be able to determine its location inside the box. Much like an > internal GPS. > > I would like to know what components (IC's?) I need to perform such a > task.

You can have a look at Chipcon's (now TI) CC2431 Zigbee transceivers : they offer a hardware-based location detection feature. See

claimed spatial resolution is 0,5m over a 64x64m area, with an overall accuracy of 3m

Friendly,

--
Robert Lacoste
ALCIOM - The mixed signal experts