Re: Peavey XR 886, 1997, mixer amp

> > N_Cook wrote: > > > I would suggest that it is due > > to forcing the air to follow a tortuous path so a generic design flaw. > > That's what causes the high back pressure (and hence low air flow). For

good

cooling the airflow path should be in a striaght line with air vents in

and out

as large as possible (consistent with safety regs) and there are some

other cute

aspects which are even less well known too. > > Graham >

Agreed , I'll take a photo later to show how tortuous this path is.

Even more dramatic was an Ashdown amp I had to repair recently for another fault. Supposedly fan assisted cooling but the fan "design" location was just circulating air inside the casing as no baffles etc to guide air in and out the single "vent" port. Owner much appreciated the amp running much cooler and being able to feel air coming out of the vent.

s.e.r added as design issue

N_Cook