Re: OT: USPS, the only company that doesn't automatically give a receipt?

> I'm wondering why on Earth the postal worker asks > "Do you want a receipt" when I drop off a package.

Many stores ask, and you don't get one unless you say yes. What's weird is that some go ahead and print one anyway and throw it away, as you watch.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Some stores ask if you want a receipt. If you say yes they ask, 'Printed, by Email or both'. Harbor Freight sends a JPG file by email. Sam's club sends an email receipt for online purchases. You can also view your purchase history on their website.

Most people never look at a receipt, so why print them for people who just throw them away?

Reply to
Michael Terrell

John Doe wrote in news:r1jq47$qck$2@dont- email.me:

If you pay with a card, you get the receipt by way of your online transaction history and monthly statements.

You could, in fact check immediately after the purchase to see the debit as soon as you commit it.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Not really. At least my credit cards only provide the most basic mention of who the vendor is (not rarely hard to connect to the vendor you used) and a total. A receipt lists the items you bought and taxes, etc. Totally different.

Yeah, so?

--
  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging