Re: OT: the formerly Great Britain is now Loon Central

>> I don't see that it is all that crazy. How else do you protect pet >> animals from incredibly stupid feckless halfwits that never excercise >> and feed cats and dogs junk food until their legs cannot lift them off >> the ground. >> >> Are there no laws to protect animals from cruelty in the USA? > >The Messiah (peace be upon him) has promised to decree >that all dogs must be fed vegetarian diets. > > >Sam

That has always struck me as a major stupid thing to do to an animal that is basically a carnivore.

Reply to
JosephKK

It's probably not ideal, but most dogs can live on a vegetarian diet without health problems, and it's likely to be cheaper.

It may even be healthier; most countries have little or no regulation of pet food (unlike livestock feed, which is considered part of the human food chain), which is regularly made from meat which has been rejected as unfit for human consumption due to disease, even from meat for which the only other legal alternative is incineration under similar conditions to medical waste.

Reply to
Nobody

Oh, you mean the stuff they feed the livestock and people over there in the UK :)

"

Reply to
Jamie

Dogs can, cats cannot - they are obligate carnivores and things go wrong with their metabolism if you really do manage to stop them eating any meat.

I recall as a student noticing in the newspaper a report that one of the cheap cafes where we would sometimes go out for Sunday lunch had been prosecuted for serving dog meat. The report did not make it clear whether this was meat intended for dog or meat of dog. We changed venue.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown