Re: OT: Hoverboard, what percentage of power is used for balance?

What percentage of hoverboard power is used for balance?

> I do not understand exactly how they work, but I know there are at least > two forces required. One force propels the rider, like any other > electric vehicle. The other force keeps the platform from tipping over. > I'm wondering what percentage of battery power keeps the platform from > tipping over. I might find out. Any wild guesses?

The question is how much work is done to keep the rider above the platform. so apart from computation and switching losses, for a travelling platform no extra work is needed.

Jasen Betts

Almost none.

The balancing is done by adjusting the power of the drive motors. When the driver is tilting slightly forwards, the motors will add power, moving the driver's feet in under his center of mass to maintain balance.

--
RoRo
Reply to