Re: OT: Geothermal research

I imagine that his objection to wind power is that the wind doesn't

>blow all the time - which doesn't seem to worry the Danes or the >Germans, since it does seem to be blowing in enough places within the >northern European grid at any given time to keep everybody happy.

The electric network in Denmark is far too small for sensible wind power production.

In practice, the Scandinavian AC network (NORDEL) with the large hydroelectric resources in Norway and Sweden will serve as a back-up for the wind turbines.

Take a look at

the Jylland/Norge and Jylland/Sverige are HVDC submarine cables, while the rest is mainly ordinary AC grids.

Reply to
Paul Keinanen