Re: OT but still techy: Stupid Cell Phone Features

On a sunny day (1 Jul 2007 03:37:10 GMT) it happened Jim Yanik wrote in :

a cellphone camera is useful if you get into an auto accident;chances are >you will usually have your CP with you,but not your Nikon.

Actually I always carry my small mpeg4 digital camera / video player/ audio recorder just for that, Maybe one day I will make a lot of $$$$ when space shuttle falls in front of me, with selling real movies to the papers. But I did an other experiment recently. I have this small mp3 player that also records, and it can record to 400 hours ? dunno exactly, So I switched it to recording, put it in my shirt pocket, went on the motor shopping. So way under all clothing. Playing back, apart from some clothing noises, I could hear how fast I was driving, even the ticking of the direction indicators, slowing down at traffic lights, conversation in shops, also from other people there, together with time stamp :-) It was easy to reconstruct the whole trip.... So as 'evidence', for for example how fast you went, or what you did, this is a cool feature. Of course I forgot it was there, only when back at home all of the sudden I remembered it... Was still running. Few more years with this ever increasing flash capacity, and we can have a video camera button with sound. Wearing one will probably be a required feature by then for everybody, as part of anti-terrorist legislation...

LOL Do not blame me for the idea :-) Privacy? What privacy?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

You realize that all elected officials will be exempted from this don't you. After all they cannot be bothered to be seen "taking care of the peoples business" now, can they?

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller