Re: Motor speed control via back-EMF detection

Jan Panteltje wrote:

> >> On a sunny day (Tue, 02 Sep 2008 21:49:39 -0400) it happened Jamie >> wrote in >> : >> >> >>>Jan Panteltje wrote: >>> >>> >>>>On a sunny day (Mon, 01 Sep 2008 17:54:08 -0700) it happened Joerg >>>> wrote in >>>>: >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>>>Sunchronous motors have no slip. They are either in sync or stalled. >>>> >>>> >>>>No they can slip. >>> >>> Then they are not synchronous. >>> >>> Maybe Asynchronous is what you're thinking of? >> >> >> No, read the links. >> Mains operated synchronous usually have an extra winding so they can start >> in the first place, and only become synchronous once at speed. >> If you break those, they will simply drop in speed, not stop. >> 3 phase variable frequency driven will skip phases too if over loaded. >No, that isn't true.. there is still slip in that type of motor. > Now, if you were referring to an energized rotor type of motor that >employs slip rigs I might then agree more with you but even then you > have slip conditions because that was one way, speed control was done >many moons ago. > > I won't get no deeper into this because it's obvious many here are >colleged educated with no real world facts to get the clouded education >that has confused many out of their heads. > >
"

May i suggest a quick sorting question?

If you can explain the two forms of power angle for standard AC motors and the difference between them, you may continue to participate, otherwise please stand down and read only in case you get a change to learn something.

Reply to
JosephKK

Oh please, spare me the idiocy.

Not to push any one's buttons other than those that carry some extra weight on their shoulders trying to maintain an audience level of their liking, I find it very surprising how twisted and out of whack people get such basic subject matter displaced and then along comes people like your self spewing out comments as stated above.

For your information, I deal with EE's on a daily bases that are in all sorts of aspects of the field. I know what is to be expected from those that actually adhere to their fields.

Most of them that I associate with actual have years of hands on experience. That's a lot more than I can say for a few here..

It's more like entertainment for me to sit here watch the pew scroll by.

If, what I have to say really bothers you that much, please put me on your filter.. I wouldn't want you to go into agony over me!

"

Reply to
Jamie

You personally were not the cause of my issues. I was trying to consolidate with you as i saw that you really do know the material. I am a practicing EE with many years of varied experience. I do know stuff outside of my college specialty of digital, but what is not like about good grades (B average) that are easy.

Reply to
JosephKK