Re: Hey do you know your car's alternator only outputs 7-10% whileit's running?

PeterD wrote:

> > "Richards> >>> > >>>> I removed alternators off many vehicles over 50 times per month. Not even > >>>> single mistake have I made. I am giving you this tip for your own

benefit.

measured in AMP >> but in WATT?

> > > When voltage is fixed (as an automotive alternator is) then power is > > measured in amps, which are directly related to watts. Eeyore is 100% > > right, and you're a complete spamming moron. > > Much as I hate to agree with that troll, you *can* change the operating > voltage of an alternator pretty easily. You don't want to do it while > it's in your car, but it's very easy when removed from your car and > driven by another prime mover. > > But you still have to spin it at a couple thousand RPM, so they are > pretty difficult to use with wind turbines (a point that troll keeps > missing).

Youtube has some lovely clips of wind turbines self-destructing when the brake or feather mechanism designed to cope with high winds fails.

Running at higher rpm may also exceed bearing ratings too, i.e. the alternator life will be drastically shorted. Try revving your Chevy to 10,000 rpm for comparison !

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

message

Not even

own benefit.

power off your

output? The

not measured in AMP >> but in WATT?

is

100%

operating

while

the brake or feather mechanism designed to cope

Of course when it's made by junky American nerds.

alternator life will be drastically shorted. Try

Don't worry dumbass, you're the man of helucination, you will never see = higher than 1200 RPM in a professioanl wind generators. Junky or tiny = ones yes.

=20

adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are M

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" wrote in = message news:...

message

Not even

own benefit.

power off your

output? The

not measured in AMP >> but in WATT?

is

100%

operating

while

the brake or feather mechanism designed to cope

Of course when it's made by junky American nerds.

alternator life will be drastically shorted. Try

Don't worry dumbass, you're the man of hallucination, you will never see = higher than 1200 RPM in a professioanl wind generators. Junky or tiny = ones yes.

=20

adjustment to my email address

Keep hallucinating....

Reply to
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are M

What country are you from, retard boy?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

A few months ago, California State route 58 was closed at Tehachapi because of a runaway wind turbine. They are *big* ones there.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Retard boy is from CA, clearly an Obama supporter.

Reply to
PeterD