Re: Heat from heatpipes probably damaged a memory chip.

From 2k6? The AMD CPUs then were very good at thermal management, and if he did NOT overclock, the whole damned set-up is HUGE overkill.

The best way to manage your PCs thermals are to MONITOR them, and observe what temperatures things are being raised to. DUH!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Like I said, he is so clueless about ESD, that he probably *thinks* his gear is protected while he futzes around with it.

I have been swapping hard drives, optical drives, sound cards, video cards, etc. in my PC since I bought it in '04.

I keep the dust off the blades and tines.

I use several SATA drives as backups, and archives, and they get swapped in and out ALL the time.

Never a problem from XP, through Vista, and now Windows 7.

HE is the problem, and ALL his posts he EVER made about his machines are the absolute proof.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever