Question about RS232

kicking

Those things would be a lot more useful if there was more data. Such as the spectral purity if you sync it. But there isn't, so us guys often have to use a discrete solution.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

p)

uires

powered

in

specs.

but

ild

pany.

ash.

I don't have the spec in front of me anymore, but I used it to design

232 chips.[We bought the spec from Global. Freakin' expensive.] Basically, you're just making stuff up. Again, the chip has to take the full input voltage and live to tell about it.

Everybody made 1488 and 1489 in the day. I don't see your point.

Reply to
miso

The "original" originated by me at MOTOROLA. The receiver could easily stand ± 36V due to a simple tricky way of using resistor islands/tubs. The "original" was on a bipolar diffused process.

Hot air ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature