question about cell phones

er

with a smartphone you can drop the flashlight, magnifier and notebook

you can probably get that disabled by anyone with a programming interface

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

My old basic Nokia handset has a flashlight - never bothered using it.

Reply to
Ian Field

I'd guess the sites were isolated from Mother, and incompetent to do anything by their lonesome.

This is an issue with POTS. Many many areas are served by remote mux's aka SLC/DCL's alongside the road. The bigger ones may be a replacement for a town's existing local switch; cheaper to support, handles everything needed.

But when they lose connectivity to the host switch....

For that reason, WECO/Lucent sold ORM's; Optically connected Remote Modules, ISTM. These were far more than a Remote, less than a full 5ESS. When isolated, they could complete local calls inc. 911. (And I assume, would divert 911 to local destinations as required.)

David Lesher

And what's with the pen?

Using the smart phone. ;-)

My truck has buttons on the door to unlock it. I don't think it'll lock with keys in the ignition, either.

Reply to
krw

That may well change once you have a phone capable of taking images and video clips. The Moto G4 with gorilla glass isn't bad either in terms of runtime but nothing can beat the frugal old Nokias 63xx series which ran for weeks if all you want is a basic phone.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

My Nokia might be one - i found it in a box of junk by recycling bins and never bothered looking what model number.

Same service provider as my old Motorola fold and never been configured, when the Mot packed up I just relocated the SIM.

Reply to
Ian Field

Why don't you post this junk somewhere else?

Why don't you do electronics any more? ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Reply to
Ian Field