PSP files for SPICE subcircuits

Ultraedit isn't quite free ($50), but it's worth it, IMHO. It asks if you want to convert to DOS/Windows. Trial version available:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

will

I've used UltraEdit for many years. Dealing with various "fab's" screwy library methods would otherwise be a hopeless task. ...Jim Thompson

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.  You cannot
strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.  You cannot bring
about prosperity by discouraging thrift.  You cannot lift the wage
earner up by pulling the wage payer down.  You cannot further the
brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.  You cannot build
character and courage by taking away people's initiative and
independence.  You cannot help people permanently by doing for
them, what they could and should do for themselves."

                                              -Abraham Lincoln

Ohh, an editor war! BS, Crimson beats it hands down!

As will Crimson. Mac too, for whatever that's worth.

How about column support? Language highlights?

It's in there.

;-)

Reply to
krw

Column Mode? Absolutely, couldn't live without it within device libraries... and creating N-bit-wide excitation files.

Also vertical synchronized-scroll tiling... nice!

Language highlighting... all sorts of stuff... that I don't use (take that back, I've done html on rare occasions).

Everyone has their own favorite editor... I've even seen _recent_ proclamations that some people still think VI was wonderful... it stunk ;-) ...Jim Thompson

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.  You cannot
strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.  You cannot bring
about prosperity by discouraging thrift.  You cannot lift the wage
earner up by pulling the wage payer down.  You cannot further the
brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.  You cannot build
character and courage by taking away people's initiative and
independence.  You cannot help people permanently by doing for
them, what they could and should do for themselves."

                                              -Abraham Lincoln

will

I had tried it a while ago but found that it didn't add any functionality that I needed here. Well, until a couple of days ago when Notepad screwed up ...

But I may just try to find an older version Notepad. Older software often means better, just like copying an older version of Thunderbird made the email on my wife's computer work.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

will

You can use language highlighting for Spice models, too. It's a little work to set up, but is really nice. I sue it for VHDL all the time (did my own several years ago).

Of course, hence the "editor wars". ;-) VI does stink, but not nearly as bad as EMACS. VE is almost tolerable.

Reply to
krw

You always have "Edlin" :)

Reply to
Jamie

Having multiple windows open into a single large file is something I can't live without. The syntax highlighting and code folding features are nice if you do much programming. Even the latest versions load pretty fast.

'cause not everything has to have FTP and a web browser built in. And it loads a lot faster if it doesn't.

ACDSee 2.2 (< 0.9M!!) ca. 1997, a photo viewing program, even runs under Win7/64. It won't read NEF/RAW files, but does everything else, and loads like lightning.

(apparently version 7 will, but it's 12M and the current version is in excess of 40M (50x bigger than 2.2!).

Somehow MPLAB (the free IDE for programming Microchip's products) has gotten up to >110M download from just a few megs in the beginning. Even the 32-bit version 6.1 was less than 20M.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Oh, and if you ever feel the need to convert to Win7 be sure and save the old XP calculator (it runs fine).

They broke the calculator in Win7 by making it multi-mode. You can't do a floating point calculation and then use that number in a binary calculation without copy to clipboard, change mode, and paste because they make it clear whenever you change modes.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I am not much of a programmer. Some SCADA scripts maybe, here and there a review and suggestions for some assembler, that's almost it (for now).

Seems like Mosaic rolled off the cliff by now. But I still have it on a floppy, somewhere :-)

That's the problem. Everything bloats beyond recognition these days. What really causes trouble (like I had with new Thunderbird) is that programs assume too much. I want everything hand-entered and no secnd-guessing or defaulting on setups. But no complaints, it's designed by people for the fun of it and not for profit.

Even mundane stuff like MS-Works which does all my book keeping here has become like a blimp and behaved buggy over here after version 6.0.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Won't run under Windows 7 64. But 32-bit XP has it.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

That's the kind of feedback I will wait for before upgrading. And I'll wait for a looong time :-)

I never saw a compelling reason to "upgrade" to Vista and I don't see one for Win7 either. In fact, I recently saw an ad for a workstation with Win7, with XP downgrade included. Hmm ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Why would you 'ever' use Notepad? One of the first things I do on a windows computer is change file attributes from Notepad to Wordpad.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Do you ever win any of the suits? ;-)