Protel 99SE: How to create a curved copper fill?

Hi all,

I'm an Orcad user but my new job has Protel 99SE. I've been able to pick up most of the stuff from the handbook and online help but this copper pour (or fill zone) it driving me nuts. I can make the polygon with 90 degree corners but I want to wrap it around a pad with a curve and I just can't. In Orcad I would press "A" (for arch) while drawing it and done. But ... this is Protel ... some stuff is pretty easy to handle but there is always some little quirk. Anyhow... any help creating the curved polygon would be mostly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Rodo

I don't have a direct answer but I have a related experience.. One time I resorted to making PCB layouts in, of all things, Corel Draw 11. :P Yup...In Corel, you get any shape you want unfortunately without all the features found in PCB apps.

One step above that is converting and importing the PCB layout file into Corel for 'fancy graphics'. But after that, it's no returning that file to the PCB layout program.

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

There is an option when you select polygon plane, to use 'arcs'

Reply to
TT_Man

In P99SE copper pours are *pours*, define a polygon with straight lines and it fills the enclosed area leaving appropriate clearances to anything that was already there.

If you want a particular shape in copper create it with track, arcs, rectangular fills. You might have to assign nets to the primitives to keep rule checking happy.

If you really want a poured fill with some circular edges then try placing arc segments to limit the pour then remove them and remember not to re-pour the polygon.

Reply to
nospam

Yes and it is checked. But when I draw the polygon around a pad...well is not really "around"...I place it squared. It does not automatically round the edge around the pad ... so ... how do I get that ?

Thanks

Reply to
Rodo

As new user you should subscribe to the listserver :

They also have archives.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar