Problem with UART RTS/CTS Signals

Hi,

I am developing a Interrupt driven UART driver for Coldfire 5208 and have problems with the flow control.

I have configured the UMR1[RXRTS] so that the my RTS goes automatically inactive when there is FIFO condition and becomes automatically active again when a postion in FIFO becomes active again. I did this because my UART driver receives the packets correctly with slower polling rate for Modbus RTU communication (my device act as Master) but with faster polling rate I get FIFO overrun.

I have configured the multiplexed pins to work for UART signals (TXD, RXD, RTS & CTS) for UART0. As per the receiver functional diagram in

5208 reference manula the RTS signal should be manually made active the first time and then the function of this signal should be automatic.

My problem is my RTS signal never goes active at the first place and the other (trasmitting) device never gets the CTS signal (even when I manually make it active (once before I open my UART channer for receiving) by making UOP1[RTS]=1 )

Have you faced similar problem?

I am also confused which are the valid configurations from the below combinations

UMR1[RXRTS] = 1 UMR2[TXCTS]=1 (Tested with this also) UMR1[RXRTS] = 1 UMR2[TXCTS]=0 UMR2[TXRTS]=0 (I am currently using this one) UMR1[RXRTS] = 0 UMR2[TXCTS]=1 UMR2[TXRTS]=1 UMR1[RXRTS] = 0 UMR2[TXCTS]=1 UMR2[TXRTS]=0

Can anyone suggest the possible causes for such problem?

Reply to
KKL