Possible cause and prevention of hardware death (but not really).

Hello,

Somebody wrote something interesting on a dutch and/or belgium webforum, his advice to somebody else was basically to switch the "power plugs" from the device(s) on non-earth power plugs.

This could further explain what happened in my situation.

Perhaps one device was using the nul-wire while another was not, however the other one was on another power socket (receiver). (Perhaps the orientation of the plugs influence if a non-grounded pc chasis will be under power or not).

However perhaps the damage came from yet another device which was the cable modem/ethernet.

So I guess his advice for "changing" the plug to up-side down is probably a bit silly in the scenerio of multiple devices connected to each other. (Might also be impossible because of bend power plugs, perhaps another sign of a conspiracy ! ;))

None-the-less it might be nice advice for people with PC's giving them electric shocks...: try changing the orientation of the plug...

Beware though some have said that both wires could be under power.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying