Please make computer electronics physically a bit stronger.

Things I have broken off while cleaning PC:

  1. SATA plastic pin on the corner of the HD slot. Ever heard of lever affect ? Push/turn the plug sideways to see how easy this can broke off.

  1. Soundblaster power plug plastic pin above/below power plug holder.

  2. PCI Express clip to detach graphics cards.

  1. CPU Cooler holder pin.

  2. CPU Fan holder bracket.

  1. Once a fan blade. Though I admit more care should have been taken. Still it was kinda weak though.

  2. Possibly plastic holes twisted or broken by metal screws, see 5.

So far most of these weren't a problem, some were, like 4 and 5 and 6.

The problem is now:

PC will have to compete with MOBILE phones.

We cannot proceed to a further where a MOBILE phone is more reliable than a PC... this might call off the PC.

Thus increase quality of PC to compete with MOBILE phone.

Though I don't own mobile phone, probably never will, a concious decision ! ;)

For now mobile phones, fall, break, get stolen and so forth...

But still, I do wonder of mobile phone quality/reliability vs PC reliability.

So far mobile phone do seem to have overheat problem. See samsung note series ;) Especially 7 ;)

Mobile phone industry not sitting still... perhaps their phones will become more reliable and less prone to average usuage damage... shock damage... etc...

Air cooled PCs will need a bit more reliablity to survive cleaning attempts.

Water cooled PCs will probably need more water/electric resistance in case of leaks...

Both will need protection from static charge discharge ?!

How do mobile phones compared to PCs vs static discharge ?

How do mobile phones survive static discharge ? and how well ? Hmmm...

Reply to
skybuck2000