doing

been

LTSpice, and

and the

Vbe. Then

base

external

simple?

Vactrols. You could still get them the last time I looked.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

used

between

guess

and

the

Select "in stock" and sort by price. There are zillions of them, e.g.

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

used

between

and

Thanks, but I'd probably just hang them in effigy. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

used

Back in the old daze, Fairchild made the FPT100 and the FPT101; the die was optimized for phototransistor operation; they were at least an order of magnitude more sensitive than those sold "for that purpose". Those sold "for that purpose" were nothing but a standard 2N2222 with the top of the can cut off and a lens glued in place.

The design of the FPT100/101 was that of a high beta transistor with a very small emitter square way off in the corner of the die - that way ALL of the area became useful for the necessary light capture function.

I might have some kicking around; only the illustrious Phil Hobbs is worthy of receiving any.

Reply to
Robert Baer

used

Sorry, could not find any discrete devices - all were opto-couplers. the use of "-" in front of a term did not make it a "not"; using NOT() may have worked - result was a no find.

Reply to
Robert Baer

used

between

and

..BUT you have to be VERY discrete..

Reply to
Robert Baer

used

between

guess

and

the

Oh, i absolutely LOVE liars like that.. what popped up was "PHOTOTRANSISTOR 3.0MM ROUND Transistor Polarity: NPN Wavelength Typ: 860nm Power Consumption: 75mW Transistor Case Style: T-1 (3mm) No. of Pins: 2 SVHC: No SVHC (20-Jun-2011) Bulb Size: T-1 (3mm) Collector Dark Current: 100nA LED

** A phototransistor with a WAVELENGTH???? ** A 2-pin NPN???? Their system is GIGO. A search using "in stock" gave a title of "127 Product results found for ?PHOTOTRANSISTOR? " and ALL of them had a WAVELENGTH. garbage.

Using "OPTICAL SENSOR (PHOTODETECTOR - "NPN") PHOTOTRANSISTOR" for search, one gets: Optoelectronics & Displays

Photo Transistors (11)

Reply to
Robert Baer

and used

the

between

LED

guess

doing

been

LTSpice, and

the

Then

external

simple?

No, not at all. It's in a filtered package, so its responsivity has a fairly sharp peak at 860 nm. That's what you usually want for IR remotes and such.

As for variety, there are these four out of the first 10:

Osram - SFH3710-3-Z Osram SFH3015FA-Z Everlight - PT91-21B/F10 Lite-On LTR-5576D Phototransistor IR Chip 3-Pin

And then in the next 10: Multicomp - OFT-3301 Everlight - PT42-21C/TR8 phototransistor npn top smd860nm water clear... Lite-On - LTR-4206 through hole high sensitivity phototransistor...

And then in the next 10: Everlight - PT204-6C phototransistor ir chip silicon npn transistor... Everlight - PT91-21C phototransistor 1.9mm rnd axial...

And in the next 10 Everlight - PT5529B/L2/H2-F phototransistor side black axial... infrared phototransistor.. (3 leads) Everlight - PT334-6C opto components phototransistor... phototransistor 5mm clear axial...

You get the picture.

Most phototransistors don't have the base pinned out, because it's very rarely used.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

and used

the

between

LED

guess

doing

been

LTSpice, and

the

Then

external

simple?

Thanks for the "Phil-terred" list of hot stuff with the glowing specs. I used some of mine for blue detection; a slightly different die-screet filter. Sorry for the mis-understanding on my part.

Reply to
Robert Baer

and used

the

the

between

LED

for a

guess

doing

been

LTSpice, and

and the

Then

base

external

simple?

And others will have shorter wavelengths to reflect that they are for ambient light sensing applications, like mine.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.