[OT] Well, slightly... 2.4GHz Bluetooth LE radio, sending raw datagrams on linux

Hi,

This is slightly off topic (more software than hardware but as this is a very active group, I'm hoping someone might happen to know.

The Micro:bit has a 2.4GHz radio that can either support a Bluetooth LE stack or be used to send raw datagrams on any one of 101 channels from

2400-2500MhZ (1MHz steps)

Is there a simple way of using the Bluetooth radio in your average linux PC/Laptop/USB BLE Stick to send and receive raw datagrams on a fixed channel? ie underneath the B(LE) stack?

Cheers,

Tim

More detail:

Googled around and I don't see a way to get under the stack in userland.

Why? Because the BLE Micro:bit stack costs 12k RAM and the device has

16k. Simple radio datagram would be more that adequate for my needs, but I need something to act as a hub and to act as a controller.

It's occurred to me I could use another Micro:bit talking to a linux machine over the UART pins, but I was just wondering if it was practical to cut out the middleman?

--
Email does not work
Reply to