OT: The Designer from Hell

Gag received from a coworker:

-------------------------------------------------------- The designer sat at his drafting board A wealth of knowledge in his head was stored. Like "what can be done on a radial drill Or a turret lathe or a vertical mill?"

But above all things a knack he had Of driving gentle machinists mad. So he mused as he thoughtfully scratched his bean, "Just how can I make this thing hard to machine?

"If I make this perfect body straight The job had oughta come out first rate. But 'twould be be so easy to turn and bore That it would never make a macninist sore.

"So I'll put a compound taper there And a couple of angles to make them swear, And brass could work for this little gear But it's too namned easy to work I fear.

"So just to make the machinist squeal I'll make him mill it from tungsten steel. And I'll put these holes that hold the cap Down underneath where they can't be tapped.

"Now if they can make this it'll just be luck 'Cause it can't be held by dog or chuck And it can't be planed and it can't be ground So I feel my design is unusually sound."

And he shouted in glee, "Success at at last! This goddamn thing can't even be cast!".

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise