OT: Stop Suicide Bombers

Hi all,

This idea has been percolating in the back of my brain for a while. It was brought to the surface reading an article today about anti-suicide TV ads. This is only a seed idea, and the people in adverizing may do a lot of versions of it.

The scene shows a young Arab boy walking into a crowded market with a bomb under his coat. After he detonates it, the usual carnage is shown.

As others come in to the area to help the wounded and respectfully carry off the dead, his body is left in the sun to the ravages of insects and animals. Finally, bulldozers come to clean up the area and his corpse is shoveled in with the rest of the debris.

This could be followed by some dramatic after-life scenes where he is denied entry to Heaven and is condemed to perdition.

The world may be saved, this time, not by our brave military, but by our unique ace-in-the-hole - Hollywood California!

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

I've puzzled over that scenario myself.

I am totally without knowledge of Islam, but isn't there some desecration we could do that would deny them access to "heaven" and their virgins ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Gen. Pershing had a method (this is copied from a website):

"Just before World War I, there were a number of terrorist attacks on the United States forces in the Philippines by Muslim extremists. So General Pershing captured 50 terrorists, and had them tied to posts for execution. He then had his men bring in two pigs and slaughter them in front of the, now horrified, terrorists.

Muslims detest pork, because they believe pigs are filthy animals. Some of them simply refuse to eat it, while others won't even touch pigs at all, nor any of their by-products. To them, eating or touching a pig, its meat, its blood, etc., is to be instantly barred from Paradise (and those virgins), and doomed to hell.

The soldiers then soaked their bullets in the pigs' blood, and proceeded to execute 49 of the terrorists by firing squad. The soldiers then dug a big hole, dumped in the terrorist's bodies, and covered them in pig blood, entrails, etc. They let the 50th man go."

Don Kansas City

Reply to
eromlignod

Yes, there is. The problem may be that you risk offending Islamic people in general. Still, with the right approach, this could be very effective.

Our enemies don't have our technology for weapons, they also don't have our technology for creating realistic media images. Its called 'switching the field of battle', not really a new concept in war. The thing is, we may very well be able to decisively win a media battle.

I'm not claiming originality with this idea, I just want to do my bit to promote it.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

That sounds good to me ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Clearly you both are. Otherwise you would realise that AlQuada and company have no more to do with religion then any other extremist terrorist group.

Or perhaps you think that the IRA blew up shopping malls and parks to support the pope, or that McVeigth was acting in the best interests of a god fearing America.

Sucide victims are depressed, terrorists are brain washed radicals who will automatically discount as propaganda any official message (has it never occured to you that islamic parents are allready trying everything to stop thier children getting wound up with the extremists).

Reply to
Roger

Bury the remains wrapped in rashers of bacon..............

Reply to
ian field

Yes, of course, but the the media is known to have greater influence even on such people. You don't do this as a 'public service announcement', but more as a feature-ette infomercial. The communication is all in the imagery.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

[snip]

Of course.

That's why CAIR and American Islamic clerics are so notably silent about Islamic terrorism.

ALL of Islam wants to dominate the world.

...Jim Thompson

No, they have their extreemists, we have the Southern Babtists. Every religion is self promoting to some degree, only a few factions actully want to kill off the competition - like for instance the Catholic Church a few centeries ago.

(this thread is growing faster than an Arizona brush fire!)

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Switch to an all pork diet at Guantanamo.

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How many Baptist terrorists are there ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

OR

Before he denotates small particles from the bomb/bombmakeing enters molecule coupled detectors in the ventilation system which will sound an alarm while decreasing the compression factor on any cctv.

Idea being approximatly the same as our noses work. Molecule A fits in molecule B which causes an altered electrical circuit. Which in turn is measured by a/d etc..

Any insight on this technology would be nice to hear ;) One could ofcourse also put detectors outside crowded areas to deter any "gain" whatsoever. And detectors could be a map of "not wanted particles".

Reply to
pbdelete

Hard to say. That remark was not meant entirely seriously. The fact is, however, that violent crazoids invariably come from a fundamentalist background. You just don't get this type of person from the Methodists.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Won't work. Terrorists will be brainwashed by their leaders to overcome this. Hit terrorists where it hurts the most: their wallets. No money = no bombs. Ever imagined how much money it must have cost to organize the attack on 9/11?

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

That may all depend on 'who gets to them first'. Media depictions act like real events in the brain sometimes. Once in place, those images are difficult for anyone to dislodge - especially in younger persons.

It may not work all the time, but it may be a lot of 'bang for our bucks'.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Why do USA citizens think the rest of the World hates them?

Reply to
Reg Edwards

We don't.

Don Kansas City