OT: salmonella outbreak

"Before Monday's warning, the agency had discouraged high-risk people

-- elderly people, infants and those with impaired immune systems -- from eating serrano and jalape=F1o peppers."

Infants need to temporarily cut back on eating serrano and jalape=F1o peppers. Right.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

My wife is a speech pathologist and does a lot of work with feeding disorders in infants and childern. Turns out that some infants, when they're ready for real food, like sweet and some like sour, and some like hot stuff. One anglo kid that wasn't eating turned out to love kimchee.

John

=BDo

They are still guessing what caused the outbreak. At some point, they are doing more harm than good. Tomato farmers lost out big time.

As of yesterday, apparently, they found a Jalapeno pepper with the same strain, but have not yet found the source(s).

As for infants eating these things, I've never seen a Gerber jar with a hot pepper on the label...

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

[snip]

They found _a_single_ Jalapeno pepper with salmonella. Our government at its finest ;-)

...Jim Thompson

         Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation

The smoking japaleno?

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Did any of them like "savory," i.e., meat, potatoes & gravy, veggies & cheese, that sort of thing?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On Jul 22, 11:14=EF=BF=BDam, Jim Thompson

nment

Sort of reminds me of the magic bullet theory back in Dallas (1963). Someone must have planted the Jalapeno when nobody was looking. (Probably Del Monte? or the Heinz Ketchup underground?)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

    Boris Mohar