OT: Record-Breaking Jet Stream, Virgin Atlantic 787 goes 801 MPH

Also check out other cool jetstream maps:

 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

This is cool:

You can change the height. I don't know how they get their data.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

On Feb 24, 2019, John Larkin wrote (in article):

.

Looks a lot like NullSchool.

.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Data sources vary by location. For Ventusky, source are many:

Where windy.com gets their data: For the USA, it's GFS (Global Forecast System) data from NOAA and NWS: The actual data can be downloaded from here:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Through extrapolation from boundary conditions measured by a patchwork of sensors.

The Europeans finally launched this super-duper laser doppler radar which will put the existing kluge out of business.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

This is a great website. Thanks

Neo Bass

Neo Bass wrote in news:b72db772-b8d1-419f-ba7b- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

snip

+1
Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Polar Express wind gusts to ~120 mph on Mt. Washington last night, 50 mph in my area at ground level, the wind has settled down a bit today here in MA but still gale force over much of the North Atlantic

Reply to
bitrex

Big cold storm here in SF last night too. Well, cold by our standards.

Lots of snow in the mountains.