OT: Quiz - more suggestions?

We call 'em Jokers. What do you call Jacks? Is it Knave?

--
Best Regards,
Mike

I'm compiling a few familiar quizzes for the family at Christmas, probably entirely unoriginal. I've copied the first below a) so that others may be able to use it b) to prompt a few more suggestions in similar vein please. (In case it isn't quite long enough to send everyone to sleep.)

Christmas Quiz 1 No. Initials Answer

--- ------------- -----------------------

1 26 L of the A Letters of the alphabet 2 7 W of the AW 3 1001 AN 4 12 S of the Z 5 54 C in a D (with the Js) 6 9 P in the SS 7 88 PK 8 13 S on the AF 9 32 DF at which WF 10 18 H on a GC 11 90 D in a RA 12 200 P for PG in M 13 3 BMSHTR 14 4 Q in a C 15 57 HV 16 1 W on a U 17 5 D on a ZC 18 16 O in a P 19 11 P in a FT 20 29 D in F in a LY 21 64 S on a CB 22 40 D and N of the GF 23 3 M in a B 24 12 K of the RT 25 13 B in a BD 26 39 B in the OT 27 24 BB in a P 28 9 BS 29 66 B in the B

P O I L E R

| | | | | | | | | | | |

1 26 L of the A Letters of the alphabet 2 7 W of the AW Wonders of the ancient world 3 1001 AN Arabian Nights 4 12 S of the Z Signs of the Zodiac 5 54 C in a D (with the Js) Cards in a deck (with the Jacks) 6 9 P in the SS Planets in the Solar System 7 88 PK Piano keys 8 13 S on the AF Stripes on the American flag 9 32 DF at which WF Degrees Fahrenheit at which water freezes 10 18 H on a GC Holes on a golf course 11 90 D in a RA Degrees in a right angle 12 200 P for PG in M Pounds for passing Go in Monopoly 13 3 BMSHTR Blind mice, see how they run! 14 4 Q in a C Quarters in a circle 15 57 HV Heinz varieties 16 1 W on a U Wheel on a unicycle 17 5 D on a ZC Diagonals on zebra crossing 18 16 O in a P Ounces in a pound 19 11 P in a FT Players in a football team 20 29 D in F in a LY Days in February in a Leap Year 21 64 S on a CB Squares on a chess board 22 40 D and N of the GF Days and nights of the Great Flood 23 3 M in a B Men in a boat 24 12 K of the RT Knights of the Round Table 25 13 B in a BD Buns in a baker's dozen 26 39 B in the OT Books in the Old Testament 27 24 BB in a P Blackbirds in a pie 28 9 BS Beethoven symphonies 29 66 B in the B Books in the Bible
--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

Terry Pinnell wrote: snip boring quiz

May I comment : poor rest of the family. I would have hated when uncle came up with something like this "200 P for PG in M" even worse than slideshows of the neighbors. :-(( Is this an English tradition or only a family tradition? I rather had played real Monopoly, Memory or Chess when I was a kid. Then also this nasty uncle had all the good chance to loose. :-))

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy

Yes, they're Jokers here too, my slip. Well spotted, thanks. Jacks we usually also call Jacks, although Knaves is still in occasional use.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Reply to

I read in sci.electronics.design that Terry Pinnell wrote (in ) about 'OT: Quiz - more suggestions?', on Sun, 19 Dec 2004:

The answers to 5, 14 and 17 are not correct. Of such are born family feuds!

5 Jokers 14 Quadrants 17 None; in fact I don't understand why anyone would ask, unless they think ZCs are marked out like CWs in the USA!
John Woodgate

And of course number 25 should read 25 L in a BD.

Pearce Consulting

Don Pearce

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:43:07 +0000, Terry Pinnell wroth:

I like:

101 U for a DC 101 Uses for a Dead Cat

Jim (AKA Simon Bond)

Reply to