OT Q: Intel dual core 3.6GHz CPU

I had seen in passing somewhere about these CPUs, and was told that there were two versions, a "2x2" and an "lx4" if i remember correctly. I would like to know the complete and accurate designations of each of these, and most especially when each one became available (was put on the market). Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Robert Baer

wouldn't a 2X2 or a 1X4 be a quad core? They went to market end of Nov.

Reply to
sdeyoreo

I`m guessing you mean two dual core cpu and a quad core, but the expression "2x2 and 1x4" is not often used because of the easy mix up, There`s lots of Intel Dual Core, and you can run all of them on different Ghz..So its impossible for me to give you a easy answer. I suggest you do a search on your own on the website

, in the up right corner.

The design of the chip depends and what it is going to be used for, in a standard pc, it is often used with grapics card with pci express x16 and therefor has to have an architecture for this connectivity as well as all the other known connectivity standards for standards computers. I quess you get the idea.

You wanted the relase date for dual core cpu`s and i seem to find some papers thats plans, the release of dual core in may, 2005. And as you now the quad core has just been released. You have to give me more information about exacly what chip for the accurate date and spesification and designations of that chip.

The Intel® 3000 and 3010 chipsets are designed for use with Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® 3000 Sequence, Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 600Sequence, Intel® Pentium® D processor 800 Sequence and 900 Sequence, andIntel® Celeron® D, in the LGA775 package in entry-level UP server platforms.The chipset contains two components: Memory Controller Hub (MCH) and Intel®I/OController Hub 7 (ICH7). The MCH provides the interface to theprocessor, main memory, PCI Express*, and the ICH7. The ICH7 is the seventhgeneration I/O Controller Hub and provides a multitude of I/O relatedfunctions. Intel® 3000 chipset supports one PCI Express x8 port. Intel®

3010 chipset supports two PCI Express x8 ports or one PCI Express x16 port.

PCI Express* I/O Interfaces supports 1 x8 with the Intel® 3000 chipset, and2 x8, or 1 x16 with the Intel® 3010 chipsetThe Intel 3010 Chipset supportsflexible I/O with 2x8 or 1x16 PCI Express, and the Intel 3000 Chipsetprovides a single PCI Express I/O x8 port . Also provides configurable Intel® I/O Controller Hub (ICH7R) 1x4/2x1 PCI Express ports to meet higherI/O server demands. Multiple interfaces eliminates the need for bridge solutions and reduces server bottlenecks.

Reply to
Jon