OT: Psychology of Denialism

Finally an explanation:

"In the psychology of human behavior, denialism is a person's choice to den y reality, as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth."

"The terms Holocaust denialism and AIDS denialism describe the denial of th e facts and the reality of the subject matters,[4] and the term climate cha nge denialist is applied to people who argue against the scientific consens us that the global warming of planet Earth is a real and occurring event pr imarily caused by human activity."

Reply to
hondgm

Good retort. Consider it stolen for my use ;-) ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Any idiot can keep reposting junk he finds on the web. It takes real skill to design electronics.

lunatic fringe electronics

deny reality, as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth."

the facts and the reality of the subject matters,[4] and the term climate change denialist is applied to people who argue against the scientific cons ensus that the global warming of planet Earth is a real and occurring event primarily caused by human activity."

Agreed. Same with uploading random graphs to Dropbox.

Yes it does. Especially RF design. Low power can be tricky too, but the h igh-frequency stuff is very specialized.

Reply to
hondgm

Do you design RF stuff?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I do not. High frequency is not my thing. Mainly embedded (PIC/ARM etc), IoT, and analog sensing and control. That's what I like to do anyway. What I do at the day job is less glamorous, but overall a better job than when I got to do that stuff.

Reply to
hondgm

deny reality, as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth."

the facts and the reality of the subject matters,[4] and the term climate change denialist is applied to people who argue against the scientific cons ensus that the global warming of planet Earth is a real and occurring event primarily caused by human activity."

John Larkin doesn't seem to be able to design his own transformers. If he c an't buy something already wound, ex-stock, he won't use one.

He's also prone to reposting denialist propaganda he finds on the web. Most of us seem to know enough to recognise denialist propaganda when we see it , and check with

to find out who has paid for it, but t his seems to be outside John Larkin's feeble skill set.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

OK, you don't design electronics. Thought not.

lunatic fringe electronics

I can see why John would claim that, but somebody with a better grasp of English, and less enthusiasm for wishful thinking, would probably have come to a slightly different conclusion.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

If taking an idea and converting it into a schematic, laying out a board, designing the enclosure, assembling prototypes, writing firmware (if required) and debugging isn't designing electronics, please enlighten me as to what is oh Master?????

Reply to
hondgm

His view of reality originates from another unseen dimension, which explains quite a lot.

Reply to
hondgm

Show us.

lunatic fringe electronics

I will give you a hint, if you're motivated enough to find it. I posted my personal website in this newsgroup 12-apr-16.

Reply to
hondgm

OK, no-show. Actually, you never discuss electronics.

lunatic fringe electronics

Neither does John Larkin. Sometimes he discusses his latest round of tinkering, which he fondly imagines to be "doing electronics", but the rest of us know better.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

my personal website in this newsgroup 12-apr-16.

I assumed you'd be too lazy to look. FWIW, I first posted to this newsgrou p with the same account in 2006 asking a question about making PCBs. Then later another question about measuring AC power in 2007, and YOU responded. Some more after that. Go ahead, look. Like everything else I claim, the re's undeniable proof.

So once again you're wrong. Why does this not surprise me?

Reply to
hondgm

OK, an average on one lame on-topic post a year. I stand corrected.

lunatic fringe electronics

Whether an on-topic post is lame or not seems quite subjective to me. Now you can stop saying I don't do electronics, if it even really matters.

Reply to
hondgm

This is an electronic design newsgroup. You pollute it with your continuous off-topic threads and personal attacks.

Getting upset about things that you can't control is not healthy or fun. Why do you do it?

lunatic fringe electronics

Hypocrite. Think I'm the only one that posts off-topic? I counted 6 clearly off-topic threads that I didn't start out of the newest 16 posts. And I suppose your "nice planet" thread is on-topic because....?

Depends what things you're specifically referring to; other's opinions or events/news.

Reply to
hondgm