OT: Pronoun Precedence

So make sure you write s/he rather than he/she to keep out of trouble.

To cover _all_ twists, make it s/he-it

Pronounce s/he-it quickly and cover all twists at once >:-} ...Jim Thompson

I got it: To stay out of trouble you better stay away from University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.

Sounds like shit. :)

joe

Reply to
joe hey

S/he is an invented problem. Just use singular 'they', it's perfectly good English...

A: "There's someone at the door for you!"

B: "OK, ask them what they want."

In British English, the above exchange would be quite normal - is it not so in US English?

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Of course, when you don't know the gender.

I was just poking fun at the incessant PC police crap. ...Jim Thompson

Yes, they do often seem to invent problems where problems don't really exist.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

On 19 Sep 2015 15:53:40 GMT, joe hey Gave us:

"A he-she" is the common colloquialism, so it should be: He/She/It, which can sound like "He Shit".

Don't expect Jim to be up on current use though.

The wine isn't just eating at his liver.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

What do you mean "where problems don't really exist." Someone has been offended!!! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 17:14:59 +0100, Syd Rumpo Gave us:

You mean there isn't a pound of polyps up Jim Tripeson's ass from all that boy fun he had (gave) back in college?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

What do you mean, "what do you mean "where problems don't really exist""?

I am deeply offended. How dare you violate my human rights in this manner? I demand compensation!

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

you can go to a safe space:

"equipped with cookies, coloring books, bubbles, Play-Doh, calming music, p illows, blankets and a video of frolicking puppies"

There is a mind boggling amount of feminist/SJW bat shit insane nonsense coming out of universities these days

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

"..obviously necessary.."?? Dew Tell (as in original don't ask don't tell).

"..in order to not offend anyone.." So, to be absolutely positively sure, then offend EVERYONE.

"..certainly infinite number of genders.." Dew Tell.

Yes... _BE_ a pronoun! Close friends then can call you "p".

Reply to
Robert Baer

"They" implies plural..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Then say "someone is at the door" and say "ask what is wanted" .. avoid the BS. Or,offend and say "some twit is at the door" and say "ask the idiot what s wanted".

Reply to
Robert Baer

Don't whine too much, i will have to get the cheese..

Reply to
Robert Baer

The writer of that junk??

Reply to
Robert Baer

It is the correct pronoun for a schizophrenic.

We must extent the s/he-it to s/he-it-they to offend the schizophrenic.

--
Reinhardt
Reply to

I am of that old age... yank chains >:-} ...Jim Thompson

May I suggest that you use "thou" as the second person singular nominative pronoun instead. Also "thee", "thy" and "thine" for second person singular oblique, genitive, and possessive respectively.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Add the olive oil and you'll (almost) have the mediterranean diet.

joe

Reply to
joe hey

Dear DecadentLoooooser, You didn't read the URL/article that I referenced... the article suggested the standard as "she/he"... I added "it" for completeness >:-}

Turns out my liver is in good shape... the corrosion was in the colon.

Which is pretty much what I eat... plus red meat every week or so. ...Jim Thompson