OT problem with reseller ratings

I've always checked out reseller ratings before making any purchase of a good or service over the Internet - and it has stood me in good turn

- but only as far as "resellers" (Internet merchants) go.

And it has worked for me for years.

But

I got a Magellan GPS device for my birthday. Piece of unbelievable crap . . . lasted as long as the first set of batteries.

Had a big time hassle with their idea of 'customer service' over the phone - speaking to an Indian woman who had to spell out, using international phonetics, (and was apparently used to doing so) each and every letter of instructions.

Took about an hour to find that ' yes the unit did have to go back ' as they assured me via Email in the weeks before and more time to spell out my actual address - Southport not "Sourfork" not "Sounot" not "Sthnock," etc..

Will never by a Magellan product again likewise will never buy HP since they outsourced their customer service.

Anyhow I can't find my original negative post to reseller ratings or my updated post about the same topic . . easy to complain about a company selling a product, but not easy to complain about the company making the product.

AVOID MAGELLEN!

Newsgroups
default

I have a Magellan RoadMate and I am very happy with it.

BTW: Nearly all tech support is in India.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

I had a similar experience with a HP (that is prior to the share split), now Agilent piece of software that had outsourced support to IIRC Malaysia. The support was basically useless and so much digging through archives talking to friends etc finally got it to work , but little or no thanks to HP/Agilent.

regards Andrew

Reply to
Andrew