OT: printer cartridge replacement reality

Yes, but I wasn't talking about cartridges. Reread, please.

Reply to
mc

Ah. And it's not just a devious plot to sell unnecessary repairs or replacements, then.

Reply to
mc

I read in sci.electronics.design that martin griffith wrote (in ) about 'printer cartridge replacement reality', on Thu, 25 Aug 2005:

The black ink contains more unobtanium nullate.

John Woodgate

The Epson C61 black ink cartridge contains 20 millilitres of ink at a retail price of $70. That?s $3.50 per ml or a staggering $3500 per litre. By comparison the cyan, magenta and yellow inks in the 42ml colour cartridge divided into three 14ml tanks are a comparative snip at $1550 each per litre

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

I often see their eye-charts projected via laptops. The company issues mainly XGA (1024x768) laptops, so they're not easy to read. The one reason I keep the ThinkPad A21p (1600x1200), even though I've had it almost five years.

I like legal-size paper, with a landscape orientation. It gives me more room for signal names at the sides, while being able to use pretty much any printer.

--
  Keith
Reply to

That's a whole nuther issue. There are a few consultant type people who seem to post to many different newsgroups. I'm grateful for their input. But I can't understand how anyone can spend so much time in newsgroups and still make a living. I'm retired and I still don't have time to follow all this. mike

with links.  Delete this sig when replying.
.
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
mike

Yes, But...you always had the option to do your own film developing. Nobody sold you a camera that had to be taken to Kodak for processing... at least not until recently. And it was clearly marked on the box. mike

with links.  Delete this sig when replying.
.
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
mike

Not quite true, Super 8 film included processing in the price, you had to send it back to the film vendor for the "free" processing.

Reply to
larwe

I'm VERY GOOD !-)

...Jim Thompson

I thought Gillette was the classic example..

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:08:48 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote in Msg.

...so you can waste the 10 minutes you just gained on Usenet posts. Do you really use that much ink? ;-)

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Hello Robert,

Not that I know of and most of my printing gear is HP.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I read in sci.electronics.design that snipped-for-privacy@larwe.com wrote (in ) about 'printer cartridge replacement reality', on Thu, 25 Aug 2005:

In UK, Kodachrome still-camera film was sold retail 'process-paid'. If you wanted to develop your own or have a good lab do it, you had to buy Ektachrome.

John Woodgate

among the

the HP

put in the

and

what to do to

one of the

the ink

over the hole.

peels off

problems so

2 minutes

when the

overfills and runs

color of ink.

a new one

How about using short 4-40 or 6-32 Allen set screws to plug the holes? As long as its a tight fit it should work, and I have a few hundred 4-40 x 3/16" screws on hand. I am going to try it on some of the donated cartridges.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Is the clue derived from the blurb "And with the new smart LED ink, your LED lamp flashes when ink is running low, and flashes even faster when nearing empty. When you install a new ink tank this smart LED system will even glow to let you know if its not properly installed, making it an ease to use." ?? It seems the ip4200 is the onlyone with that statement. It also seems what is common in the "new" printer is the "ChromaLife100 system" - which might be a clue?

Is there any specific way to determine this "chipping" on any of their other printers?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Gasolene is a *lot* cheaper!!!

Reply to
Robert Baer

I dare say that the Epson printers that the studios use were either made before this chip mania happened, OR are top-of-the-line printers that cost LotzaBucks (so Epson got their Moses/profit up front).

Reply to
Robert Baer

It was made perfectly clear that the printer inquestion had *years* of life left in it. Would you be happy to have your printer cease to function after a month's worth of use - only because of a *counter* inside needed resetting at $70 a pop?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I know; and LaserJets seem to be rather robust. But they are a bit out of my pocketbook range (moer especially the color versions).

Reply to
Robert Baer

My Canon BJC4100 just stops printing when one or more heaters in the head goes open. No counter is needed, only a simple current sensor and/or over-voltage sensor per heater is needed, to impliment the "stop function" mode. I have never had an intermittent or other problem due to a bad head. They either work, or not. Have used it for many years, and it is still going strong. On rare occasions, and just for ducks, i clean the inside, including the "cleaning well" section.

Reply to
Robert Baer