OT: Oops

I do not understand what is inappropriate.

Reply to
John S

It's not so much inappropriate as open to misinterpretation.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Snipped from the article...

"An Adelaide Catholic school ... Blackfriars Priory School ... at least two former Blackfriars teachers ... have been jailed for sexually abusing students at the school."

In all fairness, that school is listed as having almost the fewest "weighted percentage of alleged perps 1950-2009" (whatever that might mean) - a "mere" 2.1%

Looks like the Australian Catholic church has paid out $268M!

Tom Gardner

That seemed to be very common amongs't those hypocrites.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Yes, it's shocking.

I see no reason to think that Australia is unusual in this respect. Probably just hasn't come out, yet, elsewhere.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Indeed :(

ISTR in the USA the Catholic church payout is >$1billion.

It isn't that high in the UK, but there are significant number of cases here. The CofE appears to be less affected; I will not engage in any speculations as to why.

In the UK there were significant "problems" in orphanages. Some highly connected people /were/ involved (e.g. Cyril Smith MP), and there are /unsubstantiated/ rumours of a Big Establishment Coverup.

Some things are simply beyond my limited comprehension; this topic is one of them.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

... or come out *before* as in this case at that notorious hive of unapologetic paedophiles, the BBC:

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I enjoyed this remark: Satirist Ben Pobjie said he was "just glad Blackfriars school noticed how suggestive the statue was before they turned the water feature on".

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I looked again and now I think I see the other interpretation. I must be very naive.

Reply to
John S

Oh, it certainly has. ...for the last three decades.

Reply to
krw

Suggestive????? Pray tell HOW? A bad thing to give bread away? A bad thing to take bread? A bad thing to _publicly_ give something? (Shhh.. only in my kitchen and with blinds closed).

Reply to
Robert Baer

Again, how so?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Water feature? Makes it look like someone is pissing their pants?

Reply to
Robert Baer

"A thing is a phallic symbol if it is longer than it is wide, and the Id goes marching on"

Bill Sloman, Sydney

Reply to
bill.sloman

Hes holding a Vienna roll, nothing wrong with that, just below waist level (which is apropriate for the child to reach it) but to the short-sighted it could be mistaken for part of his anatiomy.

Your basic storm in a teacup.

Jasen Betts

That crazy "definition" sees to cover obscene trees, obscene tin dendrites, obscene power lines, obscene cars and buses, obscene trains and airplanes, and,,,and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reply to
Robert Baer