OT: New York State has solved the problem of verifying teacher's qualifications...

OT: New York State has solved the problem of verifying teacher's qualifications...

Natural selection ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

They're gonna call it: 'The Sloman Initiative' :->

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

"The vocabularies of the majority of high-school pupils are amazingly small. I always try to use simple English, and yet I have talked to classes when quite a minority of the pupils did not comprehend more than half of what I said."

-M. W. Smith, "Methods of Study in English," 1889

Reply to
bitrex

sounds like Orwells nuspeak dictionary.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

Even smaller when the teachers are functionally illiterate.

Reply to
krw

Everybody wants cheap pencil and paper tests for identifying good students and good teachers. Nobody wants to pay for the kind of tedious in-depth tes ting whose results show a decent correlation with in-service performance.

Having an experienced teacher sit in on a numbers of classes being taught b y a newly hired teacher would be lot more informative than a pencil and pap er test, and the experienced teacher might even be able to help the new hir e with advice, but it costs a lot more money.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to