OT mountain lion

This one (82 lb male) was tranquilized and captured a couple of blocks from here, deep in San Francisco.

This link might work:

This may be the same one that was spotted by a security camera at Marc Benioff's place last week.

It will be repatriated somewhere down the peninsula.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Maybe he wanted an Anchor Steam OBA. Then he'll come back.

A few weeks ago I rode a trail on my mountain bike and came upon a freshly slain and partially eaten fox. Something big ran away inside thick brush. Thinking about what would kill and eat a fox in California I decided to take a nasty and for cyclists risky road back to the next town, not the trail.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Let him go to a 7-11 in Palo Alto.

ML's kill roughly 0.5 Californians a year, something like that. They like to sneak up from behind and attack one's neck.

We have lots of coyotes here now, but they seem to avoid people and all but tiny dogs.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

If he is a real mountain lion he'll want it from tap.

One of them killed a large dog right behind our cul-de-sac. Sometimes they just kill without cause or wanting to eat.

I like those. We have foxes and deer living around our house, happily tolerating each other. They don't mind us either.

One coyote wanted to cross Latrobe Road when I wanted to cross it myself with the mountain bike. He or she tried a few times but didn't succeed and barely missed traffic. I talked to the coyote and motioned back up the hill. Amazingly, it looked at me a while and then heeded that advice.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Yep. I once slid open the arcadia door to see why the dog was barking so strangely... only to be greeted face-to-face by a mountain lion ;-)

Coyotes trotting by on the hillside above our house was a daily event. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I hear it can be prevented by wearing a mask displaying a face on the bck of one's head

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

slow day?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yes. One proposal due, a couple of BOMs to edit, customer support emails piling up, two meetings. Boring stuff.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

This should instill hellacious fear in them:

Don't wear this:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

My wife jogs every morning, she sees at least one Coyote every week on couple of points in here path. We're in a built up area of Panama City, Fl. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

We have a family of them in the canyon near our house. I met one on a trail; she stared at me for a while and trotted off, apparently not interested. Beautiful animal.

They have been seen commuting into the city across the Golden Gate bridge, from Marin County.

 Click to see the full signature

"Our" coyote came back an hour ago. Stood on the wall at the end of the driveway and gazed into the valley. Our dogs were barking but that didn't faze the coyote, never did.