OT: Marking threads with unread posts in Thunderbird

One feature of Outlook Express that I found useful and now miss in Thunderbord is that OE marked any thread that contains unread posts in bold letters. This makes it easy to spot which thread has had new posts since the previous refresh.

Is there any setting in TB to make it do this? At default settings, even if one opens just one post in a thread, TB changes the heading from bold to regular font.

Reply to
Pimpom

Thunderbird underlines collapsed threads with unread posts. The total picture is this:

left side triangle OP Text Meaning

no bold no reply posts yes underlined unread replies available yes normal all posts read

the left side triangle is to collapse/expand the thread

Greetings,

Werner Dahn

Reply to
aioe usenet

Thanks. It was really silly of me not to notice that collapsed threads with unread posts are indicated by underlining.

Reply to
Pimpom

You can have Thunderbird only show threads with unread posts. Pull-down "View", "Threads"

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt