OT: Kicad crap

You must be *very* proud.

Reply to
John S

You consider this a significant problem? I haven't even turned on a machine with an OS older than WinXP in nearly a decade.

Actually, I believe you are mistaken that it won't run. You simply need to compile from sources for the OS version you want to use. Do you really expect source software to support every version of OS going back over 20 years?

--

Rick C
Reply to

Then you screwed up. Working out how is probably beyond you.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

not really, simply more experienced than you obviously.

it's not my fault if you feel impotent.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Well, if you are not proud of it, then why are you bragging?

My feeling is not impotence but superior to you.

I guess you mean maynard philpot.

Reply to
John S

I love you extravagant philosophy! It shows the well has dried up, long ago.

Reply to
M Philbrook

It is nice that you love something about me. Don't get too attached, though. You're not my type.

I never had a well. Did you? Is it dry now? Mental drought?

Reply to
John S

Must be an OLD version...

Reply to
Robert Baer

I certainly did. I merely downloaded the present version and installed it. Error was i made NO changes.

Reply to
Robert Baer

ing

ave

yout

stall.

g at

lly

I just downloaded Kicad and installed it on my laptop - which has three bro wsers - Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. Kicad did ask for my preferred text e ditor and pdf viewer, but simply defaulted to Firefox as it's html viewer - Firefox is the brower I use most often. You could use Google to find someb ody to ask on one of the Kicad forums to find out where in the program you could fix the choice of browser.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Not going to bother. Too much steep uphill junk followed by mostly unworkable "solutions". Shit-canned Kicad and now USING DipTrace.

Reply to
Robert Baer

ard

fix

tes

her

amn

acing

have

layout

install.

e.

ing at

ically

was

browsers - Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. Kicad did ask for my preferred te xt editor and pdf viewer, but simply defaulted to Firefox as it's html view er - Firefox is the brower I use most often. You could use Google to find s omebody to ask on one of the Kicad forums to find out where in the program you could fix the choice of browser.

Of course you aren't. You don't want to use the program, but you do want to bitch about it being harder to use than you like.

Not the usual reaction. CAD programs do quite a lot of complicated stuff, s o there's a learning curve, but Kicad seems to at least as acessible as any thing else that can do enough to be useful.

It isn't free, nor even all that cheap. Open source is nice like that.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to