OT is JT OK?

Hi all, just seems we haven't had a post of Jim Thompson is a while. Anyone know?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

His last post was 8 days ago. Noting seemed out of place. Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

He is getting chemo treatment. He is probably too tired to log in to SED. I hope he is ok

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Me too, thanks Klaus.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

John L will doubtless inform us if anything 'unpleasant' happens to Jim. In the mean time, I'm keeping him in my prayers.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Likewise.

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yeah, also.

David Eather

I hope he is. We need him to help agitate the liberals. I almost kinda like him and I don't like very many people. Plus he has grandkids to spoil rotten. Pay his kids back for everything they ever did wrong.

Reply to
jurb6006

I'm keeping him in my prayers as well.

Reply to
Rich K

I'm rooting for you Jim, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Starting to worry about him...

Reply to
krw

I sure hope he is ok. SED wouldn't be the same without him. Some of the thinner skinned posters around here liked to get their feathers ruffled by him, but he really is a valuable presence here.

Reply to
DemonicTubes

And I like(d) watching it.

Reply to
jurb6006

hers ruffled by him, but he really is a valuable presence here. "

You don't have to be particularly thin-skinned to dislike being reported to the FBI as "dangerously anti-American", particularly when this reflected J im Thompson's imperfect grasp of reality. Even I hope that Jim gets better, but it would be nice if the near-death experience made him less of a red-n eck know-nothing.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Do you have any proof that you were reported to the FBI? Date you were reported? FBI office that took the report? Date you were interviewed by an FBI agent? Where the interview took place? Or any other thing that suggests you really were reported.

I personly find it hilarious that you believe you were reported.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

The date that Jim claimed to have reported me is documented in the Google files on sci.electronics.design - it's probably more than ten years ago.

Jim failed to report that - he has subsequently claimed to have talked to friends of his, who would presumably have had enough sense to ignore him, and been kind enough not to charge him with "wasting police time".

Never happened. Since I was cleared to "most secret" in Australia in 1970, which got me into US Army ECOM at Fort Monmouth, NJ that year, it's highly unlikely to have got anywhere.

Nothing beyond Jim's reiterated claim to have done it, which still pisses me off.

I'd be surprised if Jim were silly enough to have done it, but he has asserted that he did several times.

You may appreciate that kind of sense of humour, but it strikes me as disctinctly psychopathic. I confine my hilarity to slightly less heavy-weight subjects.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

;-)

Reply to
DemonicTubes

+1 Me too. Today's world needs curmudgeons more than ever!
Reply to
Chris

I do not especially appreciate that kind of sense of humour. What I find hilarious is you. You try to convince readers that you are intelligent and then you believe that Jim actually reported you to the FBI. You are just too funny.

Dan , Earth

Reply to
dcaster

over and over and over.