OT: history to repeat?

You'd have to be completely ignorant of history if "strongmen" like Donald Trump don't remind you of Mussolini or other similar figures from history. Leaders like this arise as countries go bankrupt because the public doesn't want to accept the consequences of its profligacy. Wars break out, too? like the kind Trump seems determined to start against Mexico? or the kind that Hillary will probably continue to wage in the Middle East.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Not so much Hillary as US oil interests.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Even the John Birch Society is getting nervous.

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to

Not so much oil interests as the banking cartel and aerospace - munitions industries.

Reply to
Wayne Chirnside

The oil industries were there first. The CIA engineered the coup that overt hrew Mossadegh in Iran. The Shah was much more sympathetic to US oil intere sts than Mossadegh had been, but he didn't run the country very well, to th e point that Ayatollah Khomeini became a more attractive alternative.

Only then did the aerospace and munitions industries start picking up signi ficant extra business.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

War against Mexico? When did he propose that? Well, maybe if we control the border, Mexico will declare war on us.

Obama is the strongman of our age, in that he defies the laws he swore to uphold, and rules by decree. He uses the royal "I" constantly.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

IMO the oil guys are U.S. British small timers that the bankers use to get their grubby little fingers throttling national intersts in their pursuit of the new world order..

Same banking cartel families controlled Nazi Germany aims. kill about eight thousand individuals in those controlling interest and billion will live that otherwise WILL die. JMHO

Reply to
Wayne Chirnside

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 08:28:11 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

You obviously did not watch him speak in Germany early this morning.

You are the idiot of our age.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yeah- it will be a two pronged invasion with Mexico advancing from the south and Canada sweeping in from the north. Obama already has the unconditional surrender speech prepared, and ISIS will handle all the post-invasion civil affairs.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

So, all we will eat is hummus and Mexican and Canadian food?

 Click to see the full signature

Sure, if it's served up in the mess at the Chinese slave labor factory where you'll be working.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

There's nothing like being prepared!

--

Rick
Reply to

What will we do with all the dead Mexicans and Canadians?

Reply to
tom

History always repeats. The first time is tragedy, the second time is comedy.

Reply to
bitrex

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:45:37 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

My favorite TV show for quite some time lately is Anthony Bourdain's "Parts Unknown".

Great looks at both cuisine-ary and societal culture in places around the world.

CNN really hit on a winner when they backed this horse.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 18:17:01 -0400, "tom" Gave us:

I keep saying it over and over....

CIRCUS CANNON!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Throw 'em back over the walls.

Reply to
krw

Right. They better learn from Grand Fenwick. That was an embarrassment.

Reply to
krw

And get used to living under a more modern political constitution. Current American political arrangements are the MS/DOS of polti9cal operating systems.

Germany's 1948 constitution may not be quite be the equivalent of Linux yet, but if reflects the accumulated wisdom of about seven generations of political observers, most of them more disinterested than the founding tax evaders.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

"The only lesson we learn from history is that we don't learn from history." (Me, some time in the 60's)

Reply to
pedro