ot great razor

This is great:

It shaves really close. Drag force is huge, with all those blades, but I haven't cut myself yet. I got the set in January and I'm still on the first blade.

 Click to see the full signature

Seriously - one blade since January? You must just have a couple of tufts of bum fluff. I have one of those and each blade lasts 2 weeks tops. But then I am a REAL man.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Well, then, your supply will last about a year, whereas John's will last for 8 to 10 years.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

How often do you shave your legs?

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Never, or my back, crack or sack. Just use it for facial hair. But then I am a REAL man.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Cool. Post some real circuits. Real Men do high power and high voltage.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Apart from shaving, real men do an infinite number of things other than high power design.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

I wonder if there was a single patent for all multi-blade razor configurations three and greater or whether they had to be patented individually.

I wonder if adding another blade to an N blade razor is a modification that would be judged "novel."

There's probably a Laffer curve of disposable razor blade count. One is too few and 17 is just absurd.

Reply to
bitrex

It is all to do with the transit time of the blade head across the exposed stubble. The first blade cuts and tugs the hair out of the folicle a little further. The second blade will cut the further exposed hair and tug a little more, ready for the third blade. However this cannot go on for ever as the folicle only has a certain elasticity and springiness. The number of blades is limited by the interblade spacing (they cannot be too close together other wise no place for the cut stubble to clear) and the transit time (speed of the head across the hair) which is a function of the folicle elasticity. The practical limit is 5 or 6 blades for normal shaving speeds.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Woah! It's like, beard science, or something.

Beards are cool:

Reply to
bitrex

Sounds like you don't design electronics.

--
John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
 Click to see the full signature

But, real men don't need to continue trying to convince others they are a real man. This is your third attempt, I doubt it more now, than after your first attempt. Mikek

amdx

But first they have to convince themselves. Which corresponds to an obsession with masculinity.

I'm obsessed with electronics. The masculinity thing came naturally.

--
John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
 Click to see the full signature

But John's not been using his to shave his bum!

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

... and high current/low voltage.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The one John linked to looks like the blades are too close together and liable to clog-up. I use a triple bladed razor with 2mm between the blades and it's the best compromise IMV. Never gets clogged.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Actually, I only shave once or twice a week. Bebe, my genuis stylist, tells me that I look better with a hint of beard, and we do anything Bebe says. Shaving is tedious anyhow.

I maintain the electrical gear in her (insert Frence accent) Salon, and she does what I tell her there.

I did buy an electric clipper to trim my arm hair. Bebe doesn't like men with a lot of arm hair.

--
John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
 Click to see the full signature

Same here, but I use a Philips stubble trimmer.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I'd be worried about being mistaken for George Michael, so I don't have that option.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

That's how long I make those really cheap disposables last too. The trick i s to shave only once a week.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred