OT: gofundme page.

Can we create a gofundme page to buy ribbons and trophies for the liberals that participated in the vote but didn't win, and are now protesting. Maybe an award ceremony would make them feel better.

This mayor started a gofundme to send celebrities to Mexico.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

It would be nice if you did, thanks. We already stole most of your money

- what's a little more between friends?

What makes me feel a little better, in a amused sort of way, is watching the pack of the usual Conservative cuckold sellouts, like Ted Cruz, and Paul Ryan today, trying to make the hardest U-turn in history in an attempt to form a line to get down and kiss The Donald's orange butt.

This is Paul Ryan right now:

Wonder what will happen to poor Colin Powell in the new order? Probably the firing squad.

Reply to
bitrex

Colin Powell is a democrat who said he was a republican in order to have "cred" when he bashed conservatives on the talk show circuit.

In Trumps new realignment it all worked out great. All the war mongers clustered around Hillary

Reply to
blocher

Definitely skillful at it

Reply to
blocher

You have that wrong, when you live on less than your income, then you have excess money to put into tax saving investments. Doing so can knock your tax bill way down. My big three are an HSA, and a SEP for me and my wife. At this point in my life I'm happy to pay more into SS, I'm knocking out some years where I made $14k. I'll be collecting soon, 5 to 9 years. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

To be fair, Trump was a registered Democrat for the majority of his life, who switched over to have "cred" when he bashed liberals on the campaign trail.

bitrex

No fooling? Tell this silly ol' Yankee businessman more about business.

bitrex

I thought you said you were young--you're obviously older than I am.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It's been said that the only thing sadder than a young conservative is an old liberal, but it doesn't seem like we have to worry about that in these parts.

I had been hoping some of the Antediluvians here could tell me a story about what the Big Flood was like.

Reply to
bitrex

I was telling SWMBO this afternoon that I should start a GoFundMe page to help out NASA with a mission to Jupiter for Cher.

Reply to
krw

I feel it wouldn't be too much to ask for the new administration to eject some of the worst of the habitual Wall Street cronies now trying to paddle back upstream, as a token of good faith, as it was precisely that fashion of crookedness I recall Hillary being accused of.

Ejecting literal dead-weight Chris Christie was a move even a simpleton could make.

Your uncle Bernie would approve.

Reply to
bitrex

dme.html

ey

ng

e "cred" when he bashed conservatives on the talk show circuit.

He sure is going overboard to trick the conservative you have to admit. La ura Ingram for Press Secretary, Steve Bannon for strategist, a global warmi ng skeptic for EPA. I just hope he keeps trying to fool us like this for t he next 4 years and then maybe shows his true colors around 2022 or so

Reply to
blocher

I don't know when I said that, but young is relative, I'm 61, hey Jim, am I a youngster? I'm retiring at the end of the year, but I don't expect to collect until I'm 66y 2m, or later. I guess it depends on my state of health when I'm 66. Mikek PS. check back on the BF862-235 and BF862-215 thread. I saw some current rating differences on the Mouser site..

Reply to
amdx

On 11/13/2016 6:06 PM, krw wrote:

Picked this up from another group.

"Dear Hollywood celebrities, You exist for my entertainment. Some of you are great eye candy. Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you can scare the crap out of me. Others make me laugh. But you all have one thing in common, you only have a place in my world to entertain me. That?s it. You make your living pretending to be someone else. Playing dress up like a 6 year old. You live in a make believe world in front of a camera. And often when you are away from one too. Your entire existence depends on my patronage. I?ll crank the organ grinder; you dance. I don?t really care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your stance matters far less to me than that of my neighbor. You see, you aren?t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want you to entertain me again. I don?t care that you don't like Mr.Trump. But I bet you looked cute saying it. Get back into your bubble. I?ll let you know when I?m in the mood for something blue and shiny. And I'm also supposed to care that you will leave this great country if Trump becomes president? Ha. Please don't forget to close the door behind you. We'd like to reserve your seat for someone who loves this country and really wants to be here. Make me laugh, or cry. Scare me. But realize that the only words of yours that matter are scripted. I might agree with some of you from time to time, but it doesn?t matter. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment. So, shut your pie hole and dance."

Mikek :-)

Reply to
amdx

Yep. My oldest daughter is 54 ;-)

Run the numbers. I determined that holding off taking SS benefits... it took eight years to break even, so I "retired" at 65... 11 years ago. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Are you selling the biz? What are you going to do? Become a beach bum? ;-)

Reply to
krw

Or as someone in the news once wrote:

Reply to
krw

My Full retirement age is 66yr 2mo. You gain about 8% increase per year from 62 to 70.

Running the numbers has many variables, so many unknown, that it is very difficult to get a clean answer. Biggest unknown variable is how long are you going to live. If you took the money early, and invested it, what rate could you get. If you average 10%, your ahead by taking it early, stock market crash and your behind. What is your other income, will it cause taxes to eat into your SS. When you hit 70, you have RMDs, will that make you wish you got more money at 62 then at 70? Ability to avoid sequence* of return risk on your nest egg by taking SS early. Probably many more. Mikek

Sequence risk, also called sequence-of-returns risk, is the risk of receiving lower or negative returns early in a period when withdrawals are made from an individual's underlying investments. The order or the sequence of investment returns is a primary concern for retirees who are living off the income and capital of their investments.

Read more: >

amdx

You're on the wrong side of history, grandpa. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Seems you kids are on the wrong side. You've paid in but there won't be anything left for you after we're done. ;-)

Reply to
krw