OT: Gasoline Cost in Europe

What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

In the order of 1.40$ per liter for 95 octan here in switzerland. Rising.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

About $5.30/US gallon, then.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Around 0.90 - 0.95 UKP per litre in the UK. Mostly tax, of course.

In US units, that's around $6.50 per gallon.

Tim

--
Did I really still have that sig?
Reply to

On 03/05/2006 the venerable Tim Auton etched in runes:

Here, on the Isle of Arran, we pay ?1.095 per litre. That's ?4.97 per UK gallon, or in US terms $7.62 per US gallon. Rip off time for the oil companies!

--
John B
Reply to

Isn't 95 Octane about the same price here? ;-)/2

--
  Keith
Reply to

I sure agree with the thought that the oil companies are ripping us off. Further, in the US, I believe the State Dept. has caused the news media to shut-up about any talk about excess profiting. For the past several days it was on every news commentators lips and now everyone is either mum on the point, or saying the the oil profits are realistic.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

But where can you go?

Reply to
Richard Henry

Oil companies should be making less profit since people are using less gasoline.

greg

Reply to
GregS

What I heard was the oil companies are only making around 9¢/gallon, but the sheer volume makes that into billions.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Thats about right Jim. The government, federal and state levels are making all the money. Glen Beck was saying in some states the taxes on a gallon of gas were at about 69 cents per gallon. And the government wants to tax the profits of the oil companies. Geeez.

John

John Gaubatz

What ever happened to antitrust laws? Aren't there about five major oil companies? They're obviously conspiring to rip off as much as they can before the purge. >:->

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Bouncing along just under the 1 pound a liter mark here. (UK)

99.4p/l or so. $(us) 1.82 or so then.
Reply to
Ian Stirling

Not surprising... tax the "greedy" oil companies and the government has more money... drop current taxes on gasoline and somebody's pet program gets cut.

I did, however, see an article some months back that claimed some gov't. taxes on fuel *have* already been cut, though.

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

I also oppose any kind of "windfall profits tax", because (1) it's a tax, and (2) it doesn't do us any good - we'll still be paying three (or probably 4 or 5, since they have to cover the WPT) bucks a gallon, and all it does is make a bunch of bureaucrats richer (or gives them pork for their district.)

What we need to do is: First, we kill all of the lawyers...

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Depends where you are in the country. I was up in Derbyshire yesterday.

97.9 for Shell. Down in London this morning, 104.9!.... Somewhere around $8/US gal.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

it

Gasoline around here has goen up about $1 a gallon over the last few months. Who's getting that?

Reply to
Richard Henry

On 03/05/2006 the venerable Richard Henry etched in runes:

Well, you can go clockwise round the island (about 56 miles) or on alternate days you can go anti-clockwise. Either way you always end up where you started. Life's like that here, where 'manjana' is far too quick!

--
John B
Reply to

"Jim Thompson" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...