OT: Furniture

I'm seeking a store (or on-line), that has this end table...

...Jim Thompson

Perhaps google's "search by image"?

Reply to
Don Y

I don't know of that. How does that work? ...Jim Thompson

Found it, tried it, no success. Appears to work only for an image that exists somewhere on the web already. ...Jim Thompson

Feed it a *photo* (instead of "words") and it looks for similar photos (using some dubious definition of "similar").

But, you'd need to isolate the portion of the image that is truly important to you (e.g., Photoshop) to expect any sort of reasonable results.

I.e., ideally, having a clean photo of *just* the table would give it the best chance of finding a similar photo of a "similar" table (no guarantee that it will be an exact match). Think of how a furniture vendor would likely display his wares and try to create a photo that would be consistent with those "displays"

(personally, I suspect this is an uphill battle...)

Reply to
Don Y

If no joy its not a tough design to make, using bendy ply.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Or just buy:

Jim, the search term would be "c-shaped end table". My news server filters out your posts a lot more lately. Then I can only see them if someone has already answered.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Try searching 'Nesting End Table'. I found similar stuff.

Wanderer
[snip]

What is your news server? Why would they be filtering out my posts? Must be some left wing outfit >:-}

(I use giganews.)

Or is it your news reader... do you have filters set up? ...Jim Thompson

Good leads. Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

It's probably a custom furnature piece for the studio.

You can search for 'modern oval c-shaped side table' too and get similar results.

Martin Riddle

Close match

Martin Riddle

news.individual.de

They do a very good job of hosing off spam, I almost don't see any ever since I switched to them. Or rather had to switch because AT&T ditched Usenet.

No idea why your posts are filtered or who exactly does it. Could also be some intermediate propagation server. It's only your posts, started years ago, just became worse in the sense that more of them are cut. But never when you respond in a thread, including the ones that you started.

No filter, no killfile. Since switching to news.individual.de I don't even have to block googlegroups anymore because they filter out the spam and let the regulars pass. No idea how they do that.

So what does one need such a table for? I could only imagine the taller ones being useful, like when being sick and taking a meal in bed or on the couch.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

HQZ1148.html

Well, you wouldn't want to joerg him off, now, would you?

Are you joergin' our chains? hehehehe

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Would go well with our modern decor. You will recall I almost went into architecture rather than electronics... had I not seen my first transistor in 1956 I'd probably be an architect... the tubes in my Dad's shop did not enthuse me at all... except that I built several stereo amplifiers, preamps, and an FM tuner (from a Dynaco kit ;-)

As for your newsgroup blocking me, maybe I should stop labeling "OT"

...Jim Thompson

You could try calling the Fox News Studio and ask to talk to the props and furniture folks.

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions

I didn't read all postings in this thread, but the last time I chased down a piece of furniture based upon a picture seem pm TV. I called the people showing the picture and worked my way along the chain of command until I got Mfger, Model, Style etc, then went straight to the Mfger. Required a bit of tenacity, but worked.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Don't crosspost to the alt.binaries.* newsgroups.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier
[snip]

Why not?

Many of my friends hang out there, but not elsewhere.

Besides, any good newsreader client only shows one instance of the post.

There _is_ a difference between cross- and multi-posting. ...Jim Thompson

It's a hideous piece of trash. Almost as bad as this:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred