OT: Forget AGW - You're more likely to die from Plague!

Medieval diseases making a comeback:

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Probably untrue. The link didn't work, but most medieval diseases are susceptible to modern antibiotics, so you've got to be a bit unlicky if one kills you.

--
Bill Sloman, sydney
Reply to

The link works fine. But since you didn't read it, dubbing it as "probably untrue" can only be guesswork on your part. This is a major problem, not just in the US, but around the world and it affects all the european capital cities to some degree or another. Furthermore, you must surely be a aware that "modern antibiotics" have been becoming increasingly ineffective in dealing with some of the most lethal diseases - this is a direct outcome from Liberal policies of dishing them out like free sweets to all-comers in the 3rd world, whilst giving them no guidance as to the vital importance of completing the course. As a result, they became human incubators for resistant strains of bacteria. Now the whole world will be paying the price for this - albeit well- intended - stupidity.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

A bunch of nonsense, zerohedge is written by ignorant idiots. Some things n ever go out of style. So guess what? You imbibe animal fecal matter and/or live in filth, you get sick. And try to educate yourself on antibiotics, th ey're not a cure-all and never have been. If your immunological response is weakened by numerous other infections, chronic disease, old age/ infirmity , and/or malnutrition, etc., even the most effective antibiotic will not he lp you. At some point your system has take over on its own to finish the jo b.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Once again, you clearly didn't read the article. If you had, you'd have noted that the authorship of it does not reside with ZH. ZH is primarily a finance site, but they occasionally link to external, non-financial sites when matters of common concern arise.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I presume you get your financial information from medical sites.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I don't see how antibiotic resistant pathogens are any worse than good old-fashioned pathogens, back when we had no antibiotics. In fact, deaths from infectous disease continue to decline.

I think that in the future, as we understand biochemistry better, we'll stay ahead of the resistant bugs. Ultimately way ahead.

There is an argument for not carelessly breeding resistant critters now, like by dosing cows with antibiotics.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Some people assume that web sites are polluted by being linked to by other web sites.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Yup.

Nor by breeding chickens in such foul (sic) conditions that they have to be washed in chlorine before being eaten. And even then there is apparently a higher incidence of chicken-related food poisoning than from chickens raised in better conditions.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

ZH had chosen to echo a US politician who was trying to spin a failure in sanitation engineering in his electorate as something that couldn't have been avoided by spending taxpayer money sensibly. It was sensationalist nonsense.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Regulars here will have already made their minds up on which of us is suffering from a conspicuous logic deficit, Bill.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Correct.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

You lost, big-time.

Maybe you have kill-filed all the regulars who aren't at least as demented as you are. The echo-chamber of right-wing dimwits isn't a representative sample of the regulars here.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Well you *would* say that, wouldn't you?

I admit I have KF'd an awful lot of this groups persistent fools, most of whom share your political outlook. However, we are both aware there are still plenty of centrists whose posts can both read who could step in as honest brokers and call it one way or the other, but they seem to be strangely silent. So I have only *your* word for it! And you are - how can I put it - not terribly impartial.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

we all now who's in more killfiles. It ain't Mr. Doom.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Mainly because it is undeniably true.

But I do get things right, and you get things wrong. I've been jeering at your gullibly self-serving delusions for years, and this is just one more of them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

One has to wonder how NT found this out. He has a long history of jumping to incorrect conclusions on the basis of inadequate evidence, and this does seem to be more of the same.

Even if it were true, the significance isn't quite what NT seems to want to think.

Kill-filing people, and threatening to kill-file them seems to be an activity confined to our right-wing nitwits, of whom Cursitor Doom and NT are prominent representatives, Who cares what they think? Though winding them up is fun.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to