OT: FCC repeals net neutrality

 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

I sure hope the entire thing goes away completely. (the 'law' which got repealed)

It was one of the worst things Trump did.

Reply to
Long Hair

Only wusses buy what Burger King is selling. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Are you really that far removed from reality that you do not know what this net neutrality thing is about?

Why am I not surprised?

Reply to
Long Hair

And just listen to the doppler shift as the point screams past him :)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Actually, I've lately become a fan of Burger King grilled chicken sandwiches, with extra onion.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

So do you get those in the ultra-fast line, the standard line or the budget line?

:-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Hah, avoiding the pun and the issues, actually I'm often in the slow lane because I order one on my way to work for lunch, and have to wait for the grill to get started and up to temp.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

When I spec'd out a company building for a med-tech start-up with the architects one of the items I had on my list was a small concrete pad outside the cantina for a charcoal barbecue. They looked at me ... "WHAT?!". After they realized that I was serious it was done that way.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Good man!!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Well Win, I have become a great fan of keeping fit over the last year, and yes, its only grilled chicken for me, no crispy. Crispy is a waste of 150 calories. Never eat fries now either. Only whole grain brown rice and boiled/baked potatoes.

Happy to say my waist/height is 0.437, BMI=20.5 and 5k running stat at 24 min 50 sec (top 10% of New York 2010 marathon) resting heart rate 50 BPM, that of an elite 30 year old athlete, all at an age of er.. ahmmm.... I am only 135 lbs but can leg press 500lbs...

Yeah...had to find an excuse to get that lot in...somehow... :-)

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

Excellent, Kevin, we're impressed with those stats, is there some secret ingredient, that is, other than grilled chicken sandwiches? Maybe a protein powder? Or is it just plain old discipline and hard work?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

It is discipline and hard work, unfortunately... 5 nights a week at the gym. I do 4 km + 3 sets on 15 different weight machines on two weight nights, and

6 km on the other 3. Do a combination of HIIT and endurance. For someone my age, I think doing 5-6 spurts at 20 km/hr is fair dinkum. My brother died of heart failure last year at 62, so it had some impact on me. Just over a year ago, I could not run for 30 seconds. So, hopefully I might inspire a few more to get fitter...

It gives me really good blood stats as well. Like triglycerides = 0.7, sugar and cholesterols all low. Exercise really is key. I would say I doubled my lung capacity over the year.

Its only the one life, one wants to spend final retirement climbing castle turrets without a zimmer frame.

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

Unfortunately, much of that is genetics. My brother died of sudden heart failure at 66 but was the most fit of the four of us. He worked out (mostly swimming five miles) 7 days a week but he's still the one who's heart just stopped. That's not to say that exercise is bad, just that it isn't everything.

I don't know what triglycerides of 0.7 means (the number doesn't make sense with the US system - "200" is considered the "high limit") but, again, without statins, there is only so much that can be done with the lipid numbers.

Reply to
krw

The net has been de-facto non-neutral for years; to use a food analogy again this is just gravy.

The idea that the FCC could have any true enforcement power over telco/cable infrastructure controlled by monopolies was kind of silly to begin with, definitely a "McFly! I _own_ the police"-kind of situation.

Reply to
bitrex

Trying to enforce net neutrality regulations by government on private telco monopolies that control all the infrastructure is more or less a waste of time, anyway. Say a telco starts breaking the "rules" - what exactly is government gonna do to stop them?

Fine them? No problem, we'll just raise rates in all the areas where people don't have any other options and blame you for it. Plenty of people hate you more than they do us and will be happy to let government take the fall for it. Shut us down? And disconnect 50 million people from their favorite Netflix shows? You'd have a revolution on your hands.

"Can't Enforce"

Reply to
bitrex

Fine the snot out of them? Break them up? You do know that it *has* been done before.

Oh, good grief, you're stupid.

Reply to
krw

What? Repealing it? Trump didn't initiate it...

"Net neutrality" was just a scheme of the cellphone providers to grab all the bandwidth. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

You really are lost.

What Trump initiated was to attempt to KILL net nuetrality, and what BK did was put a stop to the crap he was trying to pull, and yes it was Trump who put the idiot at the helm of the FCC.

Reply to
Long Hair

Wrong again, always wrong.

Reply to