OT: Double Standards?

Who's the *real* Nazi here? Who's the *real* Hater? Who's the *real* C*nt?

YOU decide. ;->

Cursitor Doom

If he re-posts nonsense from Breitbart here, the answer to all three questions - in this context - clearly has to be Cursitor Doom.

He is not all that real, but he is excessively salient around here.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

And why does he use c*** as an insult? I guess he hates women too.

I can see that I have been spending too much on Amazon Prime and at Whole Foods.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

Word for the day, assimilation. If you can't be a part of American society, then I don't know why we should allow you in. So call me a Nazi, but...

I'm married a non white immigrant, her family have all assimilated quite well and financially are living the American dream.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Having a common culture is not White Supremacy. It's Us Supremacy.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

Cultural identity is what wouldbe social engineers like Bill Sloman are all about totally effacing. It's the core of nationhood.

Cursitor Doom

Cursitor Doom wrote in news:qnt6j4$6bv$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Maybe you should re-watch the Twilight Zone episodes centered around social and political themes.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

That must the the first time I've ever been called a would-be social engine er.

Cursitor Doom has a very imperfect grasp of reality.

Nations are mostly associations of groups with similar, but not identical, cultural identities. The UK more or less assimilates the Scots, the Welsh a nd the Northern Irish (or at least the protestant northern Irish) with the west country English, the home counties English and the various flavours of northern English.

In the Netherlands the catholic-protestant divide got bridged a long time a go, and the Fries are pretty well integrated though they don't even speak t he same language.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I was thinking of the one where the beautiful girl was being given surgery to correct her deformity. I'm not sure who the gal was (maybe Ellie Mae fr om Beverly Hillbillies) but I have the image of the smoking, duck faced doc tor etched into my brain for some reason.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 2,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I liked the obsolete librarian in the future being executed for being obsolete.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yeah, Amazon is evil. Problem is, they're *so* good at it.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Indeed.

Not a bad article, even if it is a bit overlong:

Tom Gardner

I've just finished watching the entire box set. Clearly there's a progressive, utopian, unrealistic, Lefty theme running through much of the series which escaped me when I watched them on B&W TV back in the

60s. Same thing with Star Trek. It wasn't 'Ellie Mae' in the episode you mention, but she did feature in at least one of the others. In fact a great many future stars got their first break in TZ.
Cursitor Doom

Cursitor Doom probably hadn't been quite as thoroughly brainwashed back in the 1960s. He might also have had a few more working brain cells back then.

The Twilight Zone did recycle a lot of classic science-fiction, and 1960's science fiction wasn't exactly left-wing.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Bill Sloman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

He makes some pretty retarded 'assessments'.

I also liked the one with Charles Bronson and some girl were the last two people alive after a war, and they were soldiers from opposing sides.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yeah. If I need whiteboard markers or Guinness chocolate truffles or a thermocouple meter, I click for a few seconds and it's on my desk in a day or two. That's immensely easier and faster than going through purchasing, or driving to Staples or Loews.

They have an amazing bunch of electronic parts and test equipment.

The Danish Butter Cookie cans are excellent for parts storage and EMI shielding, once you clear out the stuff inside.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

,

I wonder what it was that changed? Maybe it's not so much a lefty theme as it is a human theme. I believe that is the point of a lot of the episodes , that we are all humans and are in this thing together. Reminds me of Red Green. Is he a Lefty too? "Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together."