OT: Digitizing My LP Collection - Page 3

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection

past.

  You are so full of shit.

  You have had discourse with me several times in the past 7 years.

  You are just too goddamned dumb to retain anything...  Other than that
ten pound wad of stink you carry around every day.

  I am sure you'll be quite a pain in the ass to clean up after when you
croak.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
past.

Your feces fetish is showing again.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
past.

I don't know how that can be since I have been posting on SED for only a
year or two.

Yet again you live up to your name!

<snip>

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection

past.

  Idiot. This is not the only group I have posted in.

  Likely one of your failures in the physics group I chimed upon.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
past.

I have never posted in a physics group. Sorry, wrong again. I have
posted in Sci.Crypt a bit before. If a physics cross post was sent then
it was someone else who started the thread. Just stop it is a waste of
everyone's time.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
<snip>
 > I have never posted in a physics group. Sorry, wrong again. I have
 > posted in Sci.Crypt a bit before. If a physics cross post was sent
then
 > it was someone else who started the thread. Just stop it is a waste
of
 > everyone's time.

He also thinks he knows about video but is AlwaysWrong there too.

GB2%

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:20:56 -0700 (PDT), Glenn Gundlach

  Yes, fetish boy, you most certainly are.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection

   Here is the computer that he's so proud of:

   http://whitetrashrepairs.com/white-trash/hillbilly-geek /

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 00:08:23 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Back in the seventies a university pal built a stereo amplifier is a
shoe box. It was a bit of a bird's nest but it worked a treat. He had
to run it with the lid off to stop it overheating.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
past.

Sum Ting Wong Always.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
past.

Always Sum Ting Wong.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
past.

Sum Ting Always Wong.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
past.

Sum Ting Wong Wong.
Sum Wong Ting Wong.
Always Sum Ting Wong is AlwaysWrong Sum Ting Wong.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection

past.

Yep!  Much more than Some Ting Wong, he's AlwaysWrong.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection

OK.  Forewarned is forearmed.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection

An article about AlwaysWrong:
http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/an-article-for-the-never-wrong /

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:17:29 GMT, Jan Panteltje

  I know the difference between a scientist and an asswipe that puts down
Einstein because he is clueless about physics.

  I am the scientist, and you are the uneducable asswipe.

  You are so stupid, you cannot even make a valid Usenet post.  Line
lengths are to be less than 79 characters, idiot.  More proof that you
are 100% clueless about pretty much everything.

  I also know about sound.

  The sounds you are making right now match that of a cockroach farting.

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
On a sunny day (Mon, 06 Jun 2011 06:14:51 -0700) it happened GooseMan

Well, that '79' is the only number you provided, and, since you are Always
Wrong, it is wrong:
 http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc977.html
Usenet does NOT specify a maximum line length for the text body.

Been farting again?

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 13:33:31 GMT, Jan Panteltje

Wrong, it is wrong:

  You are clueless.

  Proof that you are clueless (further proof).

Re: OT: Digitizing My LP Collection
David Eather expounded in

..

It would be wise to review the limits and shortcomings of MP3
before you undertook such a large effort (your time is worth
something after all).

As a starting point, look at the sections "Audio Quality" and
"Design Limitations" below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3

This of course is by no means exhaustive. You'll find several
other net resources that talk about the limitations of the MP3
format.

For my money, MP3 is good enough for the cell phone or to put
entire collections on a CD for the car radio. File size is the
dominant concern in these situations.

But for any other purpose where quality is important,
particularly a "collection", I would not use any compression
technique at all (even non-lossy compression software may have
bugs 8-/).

When you buy a CD to replace your LP (when you can), you get
the uncompressed form of it, which is the way it should be.

And if anyone knows where I can buy a "Battered Wives" CD,
then I'm all ears. It's been my experience that not all LPs
are available on CD.

Warren

Site Timeline