OT: cYb3rtRuCK

The reason the cYb3rtRuCK:

is such a polarizing design is cuz IMO it's "ostentatiously bland." It's radical because something like it hasn't actually been built before, but we've all seen it before. Somewhere, like a sci-fi movie.

The Lamborghini Countach:

was a very radical design for its time also, but you could look at it and see the work of a human designer in its lines, someone had clearly taken care and time with it, optimizing its curves over and over (with a drafting pencil, probably) to get it just right.

The cYb3rtRuCK looks like someone punched a command into a computer to design a ground transport vehicle with four wheels a bed and that was what it spit out as a first iteration.

Hate to say it but...it's the kind of product Howard Roark would blow up.

Reply to
bitrex

TSLA is down 6% since this time yesterday I think the market feels too this is going to be a miss for them.

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex wrote in news:NG1CF.92563$ snipped-for-privacy@fx37.iad:

With being a truck able to do 0 - 60 in less than 4 seconds...

I think it's gonna sell just fine.

Folks will even take it apart and make their own e-vehicles with them.

600 to 1000 HP.

Yeah... It may not be a hit, but it will sell well. Simply because it is the only one so far. For that reason alone.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

That is the plan I guess, it's the first eTruck so it can look like just about anything and some people will buy it.

Sometimes different is revolutionary and sometimes it's just weird

Reply to
bitrex

Well, technically there was the Ford Ranger EV a number of years back.

Reply to
bitrex

And also if you go back 80 years there were some electric trucks on the market until maybe 1925. But y'know.

the first "modern" eTruck.

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex wrote in news:g72CF.47566$ snipped-for-privacy@fx01.iad:

The rich folks will buy them to customize. Think of the hundreds of piant jobs and wraps. Take it home... change to a new one next month.

Likely the easiest paint job there is. I mean look at it.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

bitrex wrote in news:Hc2CF.134009$ snipped-for-privacy@fx42.iad:

Production run?

There was also a real cool real powerful E-hummer made too. But none were produced.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

bitrex wrote in news:ii2CF.75845$ snipped-for-privacy@fx07.iad:

Mass production run ready.

The others were one-offs or very small runs.

Hell, I had a bunk bed ladder I converted into a go cart and put a

50s GM generator wired up as a motor on it.

So I had an e-car back in '71!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I don't think the sort of people who buy F150s and RAMs would be caught dead in a bizarre thing like that. Their buddies would mock them to death.

All those loads of firewood and drywall and dogs would spill out the back going 0-60 in 4 seconds. The trailer might fall off too.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

You ignore the news about Tesla sourcing batteries for the China factory from other than Panasonic. I think there is some concern about that as well.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

My Leftist Girl Friend's first impression of it was a gagging noise and then a sigh/eye-roll. Then she went back to her novel.

It's a bi-partisan vehicle

Reply to
bitrex

Not sure what "well" means. They haven't talked about where they will be b uilding it. They could build 30,000 a year in the corner of the Fremont fa ctory. If they want to build a lot more they will need new digs.

I think the looks will not sell well in the US which is pretty much the pic k 'em up truck capital of the world. Funny how the windows got smashed.

The model Y should sell well, although it may cannibalize some model 3 sale s. They will be pretty well in the black by the time they are shipping the model Y in volume, in what, a year? The Chinese model 3 factory should be a success as well. I was worried they wouldn't get it online in time, but they seem to be well on schedule.

So one failure out of several is not bad. Ford had the Edsel, GM had the C orvair. Chrysler had the... well, most of what they made.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Not the first. The Rivian was shown first and likely will hit the streets first.

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Hey I buy my capacitors from Panasonic, too! They owe me money! I want my two dollars!

Reply to
bitrex

You are such a trip. You will say anything, no matter how ridiculous. Yes , the acceleration of the truck is too much. No one will want it because i t has great acceleration. I think that must be why you like your car so mu ch. The acceleration is so poor.

--

  Rick C.

  -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You remember the Suburu truck that had a bench seat in the bed?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Rick C wrote in news:74ef7ce1-9e01- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

His tool broke the outer layer.

You can bet that will get fixed, because it is easy to do.

Hell it was probably a demo and the BP glass was not even in.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The speed a 'truck guy' drives at empty differs greatly from the manner they acellerate with a load in the back or on the pintle.

Looks like Johnny does not know the mind of s truck guy.

That acell rate will also jump hills real good at Baja.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

There's an idea in design that form is supposed to follow function, the only function this vehicle has is to loudly announce "I am just the kind of whack-off who buys this vehicle and thinks people are gonna think I'm hot shit in it."

Should sell well in Dubai and to Eastern European gangsters.

Reply to
bitrex