OT, cool books about aircraft engines

Useless junk like passengers and leg room?

Reply to
krw

---------------------------

** But posted it *out of context* with the rest of your story in spite of that.

Asinine thing to do.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I always tease my friend with a GTP that he should put EFI in it. :)

Well, obvious selection bias aside (there are far more years before 70 that had cars, than years since), that's probably right. There were a lot of shitty cars in the 70s, thanks to hastily enacted and hacked-together emissions controls and safety features.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

It is surprising how many parameters are now actually measured from each cylinder of a _big_ (1 m bore) diesel slow speed (100-200 RPM) marine engine. With a correctly designed control system, you could get the data from each cylinder firing :-)

Reply to
upsidedown

See Jay Leno's restored Merlin aircraft engine:

 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

You can't lay it _all_ on Washington. 70s cars were shitty rust buckets, all around. Detroit thought they could get Americans to buy a new car every three years.

Reply to
krw

Yes, thanks. I've seen it. I've seen jusst about every YouTube video on Merlins, P-51, P-47, B-17, B-24, B-29, B-36, Stalingrad, Berlin, Normandy, Ruhr, Battle of the Atlantic, etc. I was stationed with NATO in Europe for 8 years, so I was familiar with a lot of those places and battles.

There's a lot of fascinating history online for free.

Reply to
Steve Wilson