OT: Climate Concerns May Soon be a Thing of the Past

See:

Robert Baer

Solar-electric electrolysis of water is already pitifully inefficient to begin with, and these guys want to also use solar energy to crack CO2 and then combine the results into hydrocarbon fuel? How many weeks do you want to wait to fill your tank? Just use a damn hydrogen fuel cell.

"The below graphic demonstrates the historically very-low levels of atmospheric CO2 found in our current atmosphere. Clearly the biosphere of Earth evolved under generally much higher levels of CO2."

Yeah, these guys ever take a look at, say, what sea levels were like in the Eocene?

"Likewise, as humans develop better technological methods of weather control -- controlling solar insolation, cloud formation, and precipitation -- the modern over-hyped concern about the use of fossil fuels should eventually subside."

LOL, commercial fusion power is still only 15 years away too, right?

Reply to
Bitrex

Robert Baer schrieb:

Hello,

Climate-Concerns-May-Soon-be-a-Thing-of-the-Past-as-Scientists-Work-on-Splitting-CO2? They will have to build a lot of their electrolysis cells before the CO2 content of the atmosphere will decrease. If this technology would be available in about 5 to 10 years, building and installing the necessary cells will take decades and before all cells are build, the oldest ones are to be replaced by new ones.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

Bitrex wrote in news:n6edneUjaOhvbtLRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

no practical hydrogen storage device exists for autos or airplanes.

but wind,solar,or nuclear will not power our automobiles and airplanes. currently,there's no practical electric storage for those modes of transpo. there's no practical replacement presently for hydrocarbon fuels for auto and air transpo.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Propane.

Reply to
Richard Henry

NiMH cells store hydrogen as the metal hydride. Works for model airplanes. For cars, that's a lot of AA cells though ;)

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

Or gasoline. Or better, methane. The only practical way to store hydrogen is to stick it to carbon.

John

And it's much cheaper to pump it out of the ground than to make it from scratch.

tm

tm

Energy density (MJ/kg) of liguified propane is higher than average gasoline.

Reply to
Richard Henry

s-May-S...

It's the usual ill-informed rubbish.

The fact that current atmospheric CO2 levels are lower than they were in the geological past doesn't mean that we'd do well if the CO2 levels returned to "normal".

Amongst other things, sea levels would return to "normal" at the same time - some 60 metres higher than they are now, since the Antarctic isn't "normally" covered by a several mile thick ice cap.

More to the point, we - and most of the animals and planets that now cover the earth have adapted to the current "low" levels of CO2 in the atmosphere. If the CO2 levels went up, we'd be less well adapted.

The last such episode - the Eocene thermal maximum, some 55 million years ago - was accompanied by a spurt of speciation, as new species evolved to occupy the new ecological niches created by the climate change. The old species won't have enjoyed this much, and don't seem to have done all that well when the climate cooled off again after the comparatively brief termal maximum.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Yes. Very nice descriptor :-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Spice is like a sports car... Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

 See:

Nobody is going to do anything serious about CO2. And maybe we shouldn't anyhow.

This is serious

and we *can* do something about it.

John

Its energy density (MJ/M^3) is about 60% that of gasoline and is more expensive.

Reply to
krw

Absolutely not; fusion power is just around the corner.. ..just do not ask WHICH corner or WHERE the corner is..

Reply to
Robert Baer

  • But there is..in the form of H2O..just slightly hard to burn for some strange reason...
Reply to
Robert Baer

Now, what has poor ole carbon done to YOU? Prejudiced?

Reply to
Robert Baer

"...convert it into carbon with a solar efficiency from 34% to 50%-- "

Dirk

- Transcendence UK
- Occult Talk Show

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

See:

Anyone who has been following a diesel vehicle with the windows open can testify to that.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

See:

So we need a law to force the diesel-engine vehicles to close their windows?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

oncerns-May-S...

As long as the exhaust pipe is inside...

Reply to
keithw86