OT: Cheap inkjet ink revisited

Cheap inkjet ink revisited normally I would use www.... whatever, but as the huge ink tanks from my Epsom R200 CIS system were almost empty again, and I was pissed with recent price increases, I decided to use the ebay weapon, and order from ebay:

This is the ink system, without the ink, very cheap now:

The cassettes chips never indicate 'empty'.

And this is the ink:

Of course I already have the containers Good thing UK is still in the EU.

Approx. 17 USD for the ink. A normal cartridge holds 15 ml, these tanks 100ml each. so this lasts about 6x longer at a fraction of the normal price.

This is the bottles as those arrived in just a few days, relative to a lighter:

This is how I fill the tanks:

Printing again, mainly on BluRays now.

Note that you need to make a new paper funnel for each color to prevent contaminating or rather mixing the colors, I put a piece of sellotape on each funnel to hold it together, cost 1 A4 piece of paper. And be careful, this ink does NOT come of easily.

The Epson R200 I am using gets easily clogged up, but once it works it is incredible.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

again,

weapon,

of paper.

Obviously you have used this and it works ok, but I'm surprised that the photo of the ink bottles look like they will pass light. I don't think even bottles of food coloring will pass light easily. I would have expected these inks to be opaque. I guess I thought wrong!

Are the inks waterproof or do they bleed/run when wet? The main reason I would use an inkjet is to print shipping labels so the pretty color logo can't bleed when wet. Mostly I don't bother with color and use a B/W inkjet.

--

Rick
Reply to