(OT) Bought on Ebay, Receipt was from Amazon

Can anyone explain this. I buy most of my electronic and automotive parts on ebay.

This has happened several times and just happened again.

This time I bought a battery tester (for AAA, AA, C D and 9v batteries) on ebay. When it arrived, it included a receipt from Amazon.com

WTF?

I could see an error from the seller, but this has happned several times now and from different sellers.

I dont understand....

Note: I DO NOT shop on Amazon, so this is not my error.

Reply to
oldschool

The eBay seller is probably using Amazon as their fulfillment service (ie. warehouse/shipper).

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

perhaps amazon is selling products on ebay?

--
     ?
Reply to

I don't know about Amazon, but I've seen Best Buy sell direct on eBay. So maybe Amazon does it too??? I'm thinking it was a vendor who is using Amazon as their fulfillment service as Jon said.

Rick C. Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Bought on eBay, shipped by Amazon, delivery by USPS, no doubt, things are getting mixed up, and confusing.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Why is any of that confusing??? Three separate services, online marketing, order fulfillment and shipping. I guess you are used to all three being h andled by the same company? I know Amazon has their own shipping services, so they are capable, but they are the only ones I know of.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

I'm frequently frustrated by a complete failure of the seller name, shipping label and billing name to match up. I have to provide descriptions, spending, and receipt details for everything I buy for my lab, and sometimes it gets rather difficult, or I have to guess. Guessing is especially a problem when I order similar items from different suppliers, all at the same time, so I can evaluate and compare them.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

My single orders placed with one online vendor often get arbitrarily broken into multiple separate invoices. It makes work for my bookkeeper, who has to stitch everything together so that the invoices match the original PO. This tells me that many websites are little more than a front for a middleman, who break up an order and drop ship it piecemeal out of other people's warehouses (or garages). The remnants of old shipping labels boxes indicate that lots of orders get dropped shipped out of a supplier's warehouse. For all we know, Amazon drop ships some product lines out of the supplier's warehouse and grants the third party a license to print the Amazon logo on the third party's shipping box. FedEx's main hub is in Tennessee, and UPS's and DHL's main hubs are in Kentucky. It's my hunch that many supplier's warehouses are right on the tarmac at both hubs. The Inet's a catalyst that makes logistics evolve at a breakneck speed. We're in a chaotic phase logistical evolution.

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz, KB7RPU
Reply to

AIUI, it's the other way around.

Amazon has hubs right next to USPS processing centers, too. The USPS then only has the last mile to deal with and Amazon saves a *lot* of money.

That's Amazon's forte. Their specialty is caching theory.

Reply to
krw

Very nice podcast episode about exactly this:

robert
Reply to
Robert Latest